Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I saw this post
Not necessary. It depends on configuration. As far as I know, LR7 and Performance are only from Fremont. LR5 can be from either. SRAWD only from Austin.
Excluding the currently unavailable SR, it seems Austin focuses on the LR 5 seater. Fremont, produces pretty much all models and variants (again, excluding SR).

So, 4.8k per week for just LR 5 in Austin (250k per year) vs ~10.5k per week in Fremont for all variants of M3s and MYs (550k per year). Of course, these are only potential capacity numbers (as of Oct '22), not actual production numbers considering Austin just touted achieving 3k per at Austin in Dec '22. But I would think that production numbers vs capacity shouldn't be too far off, at least relatively.

Add to this the post that came in while I was typing... it could be that MYP has a higher priority than the MYLR7 at Fremont.

So, they probably aren't produced as many, as quickly.

Make sure you’ve completed all tasks. Safest way is to select cash payment and no trade in. You can change that once VIN is assigned if you intend to finance and/or trade-in.
OD 1/22 MYLR only option red color. I did select trade in and received a quote within 3 days. My EDD is now March 10-31 but my trade in deadline is Feb 23rd. Not sure I will actually trade in my car but still want the option. Is there a number to text or contact to get the trade in date extended?

OD 1/22 MYLR only option red color. I did select trade in and received a quote within 3 days. My EDD is now March 10-31 but my trade in deadline is Feb 23rd. Not sure I will actually trade in my car but still want the option. Is there a number to text or contact to get the trade in date extended?
I haven't been able to get a price back on my trade in. Did you do it all through the app?

I don’t know about the extension but I requested a trade in offer and it was about $5000 less than a quote from CarMax so I declined.

As Teslas delivered in the US are made in Fremont or Austin, I am hoping that they will qualify for a $3750 tax credit after March 1, 2023. It looks like owners who take delivery after March 1, 2023 may lose $3750 of the $7500 as the batteries may not fully satisfy IRA language. Don't know, fingers crossed we won't lose the credit entirely, but the price reduction has been a huge plus.

There are vehicles available near your location sooner than the EDD, when you login to your account on a computer( Not phone) , click on the Manage link by your car and you see "Accelerated Delivery Available". What i noticed is the prices is above 55k for the available cars with add ons, guess they dont qualify for $7500 credit.

There are vehicles available near your location sooner than the EDD, when you login to your account on a computer( Not phone) , click on the Manage link by your car and you see "Accelerated Delivery Available". What i noticed is the prices is above 55k for the available cars with add ons, guess they dont qualify for $7500 credit.
Yup, MYP is available with in a week. Lot of inventory available in MYP and MYLR with upgrades above $55k.

Also, you can find the cars in below website, currently two ModelY's are available but not longrange under $55k. These cars can only be registered in Peabody, MA or Maplewood, MN.