Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No I didn’t pick it, Tesla picks it for you.

If you go into the app and click on registration, then view, all your information will be there and at the very bottom it will tell you your Tesla Location.
Same location as yours, 5hr drive from West Henrietta.

Just got a text message from Tesla:

Looks like the vehicle is arriving on 2/5. So 2/7-2/9 would most likely be the pick up date range.

I bet we are in same truck.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Same location as yours, 5hr drive from West Henrietta.

Just got a text message from Tesla:

Looks like the vehicle is arriving on 2/5. So 2/7-2/9 would most likely be the pick up date range.

I bet we are in same truck.
I haven’t received a text yet.

They very well could be on the same truck. I’ll see if I get a text with the same dates as you and then we will know for sure 😁

I just ordered the same configuration, delivery to NJ also. Does the delivery need to happen in the beginning of March to qualify for the $7500 Federal rebate?
No, not necessarily. The Treasury Department said it would release new guidance on the EV tax credit in March — which means it is Possible that on March 1st (or any day in March) they may put new guidelines effective immediately—which may/may not disqualify certain vehicles (incl. some or all tesla models) from tax credit. If this happens, then anyone who takes delivery after the implementation of new rules will not get the $7500 credit (may be lesser amount or nothing). All this is speculation and assumptions. Anything could happen - IRS could further delay their new announcement OR New rules take affect sometime in future OR Everything else stays same for Tesla buyers at least. Will see…

No, not necessarily. The Treasury Department said it would release new guidance on the EV tax credit in March — which means it is Possible that on March 1st (or any day in March) they may put new guidelines effective immediately—which may/may not disqualify certain vehicles (incl. some or all tesla models) from tax credit. If this happens, then anyone who takes delivery after the implementation of new rules will not get the $7500 credit (may be lesser amount or nothing). All this is speculation and assumptions. Anything could happen - IRS could further delay their new announcement OR New rules take affect sometime in future OR Everything else stays same for Tesla buyers at least. Will see…
Well maybe the congress should fight to defund IRS to keep it longer🤣

With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.
About 1-2mo it seems at this time. May change in future. Ordered my MYLR on 1/21. EDD Today is now 2/23-3/30.

MYLR Pearl White / B&W / 19” Wheels

Just got EDD March 1-31
OD 1/20
No VIN
White/white MYLR
Missouri
Hope I don’t miss the tax credit, also does anyone know of you can change your order to a MYP with out losing the 250 if you miss the out on the tax credit
Yes you can change configuration including MYLR to MYP without losing the $250. Also, even if MYP price was raised you will get MYP pricing that was in affect at the date you originally ordered the MYLR. This was very common practice last year because MYP had 3 month wait time and MYLR had 8-12month wait time so many gave up on their LR and switched to get a car sooner.
Only if you were to switch to M3, MS, MX would you lose the $250.

Order Date 01/23/23 Model Y white with black interiors 7 seaters, Autopilot 19" wheels. Initial EDD: Feb - Mar 2023 then changed after 24 hours to Feb - Apr 2023. Yet to receive the VIN. Located in Frisco, TXS. Per all the law of averages within this post..most of them who have ordered prior to Jan 14th or 15th seem to be getting really quick and unsure any one after 15th is more a speculation. Saw a YT video that Tesla manufacturers a model y every few mins/secs on production line.
Update 1/25/23: EDD moved to April - May 2023

Since joining the forum yesterday, I kept wanting to post here with my order info. But I was lazy and didn't have an EDD aside from what you would see on the website, so I put it off. Just saw a narrowed range in the Tesla app, so here's the info.

Originally:

BLK
OD: 01/22/2022
EDD: Jan-Mar ‘23
VIN’d: TBD

Changed to:

BLK 20 tow 7
(COD? OCD?): 01/23/2022
EDD: Feb-Apr ‘23
VIN’d: still TBD

Updated for today:
EDD: April 2 - May 14

Well, that's gonna be a wait.

Since joining the forum yesterday, I kept wanting to post here with my order info. But I was lazy and didn't have an EDD aside from what you would see on the website, so I put it off. Just saw a narrowed range in the Tesla app, so here's the info.

Originally:

BLK
OD: 01/22/2022
EDD: Jan-Mar ‘23
VIN’d: TBD

Changed to:

BLK 20 tow 7
(COD? OCD?): 01/23/2022
EDD: Feb-Apr ‘23
VIN’d: still TBD

Updated for today:
EDD: April 2 - May 14

Well, that's gonna be a wait.
Not sure but based on other threads i guess Tesla is delivering sooner for configs that fall under $55k.