Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!!!
Another quick update since my post just yesterday. Got the notice this morning that I can schedule my pickup as early as this Friday, Jan. 27th.

So if all goes well, and there are no issues that will cause me to reject the car, that means the window from placing an order to picking up my Model Y is exactly 2 weeks: order placed on Jan. 13, delivery pickup scheduled for Jan 27.

Quite the improvement by Tesla over the years :).
Was it a tect message or a notification on the app ?

Hello!
Placed order on Jan 18, MYLR, Blue/Black, 19” wheels; EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 24

My question is - if I apply for loan and complete the financial info, will it have any affect on moving the delivery dates to early or is it good to apply for loan once VIN is assigned?
I dont think so, we should get the VIN based on the waiting list. I completed the financial info and got a loan approval from my Bank on the same day I ordered (1/15). No VIN assigned yet. I also checked with the Tesla dealership if my order can be processed soon but they said, now we just wait. :)

Another quick update since my post just yesterday. Got the notice this morning that I can schedule my pickup as early as this Friday, Jan. 27th.

So if all goes well, and there are no issues that will cause me to reject the car, that means the window from placing an order to picking up my Model Y is exactly 2 weeks: order placed on Jan. 13, delivery pickup scheduled for Jan 27.

Was the delivery scheduling notice a text or a notification on the app ?

No need to even pick up your car from delivery center if it is far away. Tesla will have your car delivered directly to your home or place of business at no additional charge.
I’m 3 1/2 hours from my delivery center and it’s about $750-$800 to have a car delivered to my house. It’s cheaper to just drive there and pick it up.
It’s definitely not free in my case.

Reactions: essaunders

Congratulations!!! 🍾

I ordered a MYLR5, black, black interior, no tow hitch, 19" Gemini wheels and EAP on 1/17/23

The original EDD was Jan-Mar when I ordered it.
Checked back in the tesla app on the 20th and the EDD was changed to Mar 31 - May 12th
We're on long island.
Wow that is strange to bump you out that far. Did they run out of black paint?? Will be interesting to see if other black paint orders get bumped.

i'll add my data point;
order 1/14/23 Model Y Blue/Black/Tow EDD 2/8-3/15 NH (which means either drive to NJ or pay $750 delivery). texts with sales support suggested tow/no tow would have little to no influence on how quickly a match would happen.
update to my NH order. Est delivery is now showing in app as "February 10-March10".

I'd really like my vehicle inhand in Feb so I don't have to reregister my old vehicle (old car registration is good through end of Feb.... plus safety inspection, which i'm not sure it would pass due to rust...)

I ordered a MYLR5, black, black interior, no tow hitch, 19" Gemini wheels and EAP on 1/17/23

The original EDD was Jan-Mar when I ordered it.
Checked back in the tesla app on the 20th and the EDD was changed to Mar 31 - May 12th
We're on long island.
I'm also on Long Island and ordered MYLR blue with white interior 19" wheels on 1/14 with an ETA of Feb 10 - Mar 17. I hope you get your delivery in time for the $7,500 tax credit if you qualify.

I’m 3 1/2 hours from my delivery center and it’s about $750-$800 to have a car delivered to my house. It’s cheaper to just drive there and pick it up.
It’s definitely not free in my case.
I'm looking at the same parameters: $750 delivery of a sight-unseen car or ~16 'person hours' of travel (two people needed as I'm not trading in (plus current car can't drive that far...)). I'm guessing the delivery 'wins', though I suppose I could rent a car to make the one way drive: that could cut the 'person hours' in half and give me a chance to inspect, and if needed, reject, the car...

Reactions: 3YMimi73
I'm looking at the same parameters: $750 delivery of a sight-unseen car or ~16 'person hours' of travel (two people needed as I'm not trading in (plus current car can't drive that far...)). I'm guessing the delivery 'wins', though I suppose I could rent a car to make the one way drive: that could cut the 'person hours' in half and give me a chance to inspect, and if needed, reject, the car...
I see you are in NH, where is your delivery center located?
Yes we have to drive 1 car down and then 2 back. I do all the driving down and back because I don’t mind. I let my husband sleep on the way to the DC.
I would definitely try to pick up it up in person. What Tesla sees as ok, you may not think is ok.
This is our third Tesla so I have learned a lot over the years on what to look for on delivery day 😊

I see you are in NH, where is your delivery center located?
Yes we have to drive 1 car down and then 2 back. I do all the driving down and back because I don’t mind. I let my husband sleep on the way to the DC.
I would definitely try to pick up it up in person. What Tesla sees as ok, you may not think is ok.
This is our third Tesla so I have learned a lot over the years on what to look for on delivery day 😊
Likely delivery center would be Paramus NJ. Tesla previously delivered my '21 Y to my driveway for no cost back in Nov '20: apparently that's not available now. the few minor issues we had with that car were solved by mobile service.

actually pondered asking for a MA delivery and just paying the 6.25% sales tax.. but that's notably more than $750.. wondering how much it would take to have a MA Telsa employee drive the new car over the border... that's how Toyota of Acton (ma) side-steps sales tax and delivers to NH buyers, supposedly.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Likely delivery center would be Paramus NJ. Tesla previously delivered my '21 Y to my driveway for no cost back in Nov '20: apparently that's not available now. the few minor issues we had with that car were solved by mobile service.

actually pondered asking for a MA delivery and just paying the 6.25% sales tax.. but that's notably more than $750.. wondering how much it would take to have a MA Telsa employee drive the new car over the border... that's how Toyota of Acton (ma) side-steps sales tax and delivers to NH buyers, supposedly.
I'm in the lakes region of NH, sales person told me they would deliver for free as we're within 200 miles of a service center, but I have my doubts.

MYLR White Ext. \ Black Int. 20"
Order: 1/15
EDD: 2/9 - 3/16

In 2019 I picked up my M3 from NY, but it doesn't seem like that is an option anymore. Though I'm excited for the MY, it's not the same as the first time so I don't think I'd make the drive again.