Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove through Washington Square in Tigard Oregon today. The parking lot outside the former Sears store is now a Tesla staging lot. There had to be well over 500 cars there, and two trucks unloading more. A sea of white with a few specs of blue and gray, and a rare occasion of red or black.
I just checked local inventory and a bunch of new Model Ys have been added and marked as “Coming Soon”. Most appear to be white standard range models.

My watch is officially over. The vehicle is perfect. Austin - White/White.
PPF on back rockers, Mudflaps, cargo cover.

3 miles on the odometer, with not a scratch to be found.

I surrender the down payment fairly quickly and even “accepted delivery” without giving it a full inspection. Much to the surprise of my SA in Indianapolis. He mentioned that people come in with some crazy requests and basically think it’s a hostage negotiation.

He mentioned we have 100 miles regardless if we are on site or not to report any issues we see.

This is a dream. The only thing that caught me off guard is the “calibration in progress”. So can’t test autopilot or any self driving features.

CE698A99-6094-41FE-8661-9A724DBAA5CB.jpeg

Reactions: vinmyl5bw
I just checked local inventory and a bunch of new Model Ys have been added and marked as “Coming Soon”. Most appear to be white standard range models.
Are these standard range or the new battery cells? Does this mean also the model Y will re-qualify for Oregon rebate?

I made a huge mistake today, i originally ordered on 1/18 MYLR and i had scheduled delivery between Feb 26-March 31st. But in the afternoon i saw a MLY with 52,990 price and called dealer and made a switch and got a VIN. Now i realized that the one they switched (which i requested) was a base model Y(269 range) and got a VIN..... can i call them and ask me to put me back in queue for original MYLR and remove this vehicle? This is my first Tesla so not sure if that's possible...... please help!

I made a huge mistake today, i originally ordered on 1/18 MYLR and i had scheduled delivery between Feb 26-March 31st. But in the afternoon i saw a MLY with 52,990 price and called dealer and made a switch and got a VIN. Now i realized that the one they switched (which i requested) was a base model Y(269 range) and got a VIN..... can i call them and ask me to put me back in queue for original MYLR and remove this vehicle? This is my first Tesla so not sure if that's possible...... please help!
Yep. Call them back and switch.

Those standard range RWD models are sneaky... I almost did the same thing myself from the "manage" page.

However, your spot with EDD is 2/26-3/31 can potentially have you missing out on 3750 tax rebate.

So think hard before you give up the RWD version.

In terms of range, it is pretty much the same. MYLR charged to recommended 80% level is only 264 miles of range, while the RWD charged to recommended 100% is 269 miles

On the long trips, you anyway would have great supercharger support, so probably it will be an extra 20 min in a 5 hr trip.

Get the AWD MYLR only if
(a) You are willing to take the 3750 risk, and
(B) Only if AWD is important for you as compared to RWD

On the plus side, the RWD might be able to pull some donuts that MYLR can't