Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats. I’m assuming you’re paying all cash and not financing with 3rd party. You’re taking delivery 3 days after getting your VIN. What was the farthest date option when they contacted you for delivery? Was 2/12 the earliest time?
Thank you, Everything happened so fast after VIN got assigned. I financed with DCU. I started loan process right after ordering my car. The loan got approved and waiting for me to submit the MVP. Once the VIN got assigned, the MVP was updated with VIN. After submitting the document, DCU released the funds in 1day. Dates I got for delivery 2-11 to 2-13.

Finally VIN assigned today.. (VIN updated in APP and also received a text and email)
MYLR 5Seater/Blue/White/19
Fremont Build (PF)
Updated EDD - Feb 14 - Feb 21 (OD - 1/15)
Took the delivery of my Model Y yesterday. Overall amazing experience. Tesla Agents provided me regular updates on my vehicle delivery. Only papers I signed was for registration. Process completed in 10mins :)
Fremont Build (Blue/White/19)
No build quality issues
Double pane front glass windows
Tinted rear windows
Parcel Shelf (rear cargo)
No front Mud flaps
No ppf on rear doors
Processor: AMD Ryzen

Ouch - the "general" delivery time for us was stated as Feb-March but then it narrowed down to the 03/20-03/31 window. I wonder if buying it outright vs a loan makes any difference. Also maybe delivery area - ours is Cherry Hill, NJ.
We have same area :) i tried loan and cash both.
At this point i am just going to buy any Model Y LR if it becomes available on website in NJ

Took the delivery of my Model Y yesterday. Overall amazing experience. Tesla Agents provided me regular updates on my vehicle delivery. Only papers I signed was for registration. Process completed in 10mins :)
No build quality issues
Tinted rear windows
No front Mud flaps
No ppf on rear doors
how do you know the processor info and double pane front glass window info?

how do you know the processor info and double pane front glass window info?
Processor is listed in the detailed specs of the car in the car's menu.
Double pane front window you just look at it from the top and it is double paned.

All MY have had double pane front glass and Ryzen processors for a long time now. These aren't even things you need to check anymore as they are 100% a given.

No build quality issues
Tinted rear windows
No front Mud flaps
No ppf on rear doors
Congratulations! I ordered the same configuration a day before you and I still have not received a VIN. My EDD has been 2/13 - 3/13 for the past few weeks, prior which was 2/10 - 3/19. This morning my EDD was updated to 3/5 - 3/31. It seems that west coast orders are being prioritized although Tesla states that cars are being produced in the order received. I'm usually patient but my concerns are A: taking delivery in time for whatever date is determined to be eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit, and B: the trade-in quote from Tesla on my old vehicle expires today and I don't know how much they will reduce it by when I take delivery.

Congratulations! I ordered the same configuration a day before you and I still have not received a VIN. My EDD has been 2/13 - 3/13 for the past few weeks, prior which was 2/10 - 3/19. This morning my EDD was updated to 3/5 - 3/31. It seems that west coast orders are being prioritized although Tesla states that cars are being produced in the order received. I'm usually patient but my concerns are A: taking delivery in time for whatever date is determined to be eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit, and B: the trade-in quote from Tesla on my old vehicle expires today and I don't know how much they will reduce it by when I take delivery.
Not sure that west coast is a priority.... here's my timeline
OD - 01/18
EDD 2/9 - 3/9
UPDATED EDD 2/20 - 3/27
SEATTLE WA
NO VIN ASSIGNED
MYLR MIDNIGHT SILVER / BLACK SEATS/ 19" WHEELS

** Update 2/5/23 8:00 am
EDD CHANGED 2/16 - 3/16
*** 2/14/23 6:00 am
EDD CHANGED AGAIN 3/12 - 3/31....Really Tesla ???

• Informative
Reactions: vinmyl5bw
Not sure that west coast is a priority.... here's my timeline
OD - 01/18
EDD 2/9 - 3/9
UPDATED EDD 2/20 - 3/27
SEATTLE WA
NO VIN ASSIGNED
MYLR MIDNIGHT SILVER / BLACK SEATS/ 19" WHEELS

** Update 2/5/23 8:00 am
EDD CHANGED 2/16 - 3/16
*** 2/14/23 6:00 am
EDD CHANGED AGAIN 3/12 - 3/31....Really Tesla ???

have the same OD as you, but not that much activity at all.

EDD has been stuck on 2/18 - 3/18 since 1/30.

no vin

MYLR Black / Black 5-seater / 19" gemini

Texas

OOD 1/23 MYLR RED only option made
EDD 3/10-3/31
Today updated to 3/28-3/31
Thinking of changing to Performance but afraid of delivery date being pushed past March. Anyone made this change recently and had their delivery date either positively or negatively impacted?

OOD 1/23 MYLR RED only option made
EDD 3/10-3/31
Today updated to 3/28-3/31
Thinking of changing to Performance but afraid of delivery date being pushed past March. Anyone made this change recently and had their delivery date either positively or negatively impacted?
Most people had it stay the same or move up. In theory it should only help, but of course there’s no guarantees. If you have a service advisor I would reccomend asking them.