Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure entirely - someone in the know can correct me, but I think it started first for canadian cars but some northern states it now applies. I think if you take delivery (from) a northern state Tesla installed the PPF and (front only?) mud flaps prior to delivery. my car was delivered from NJ to NH and NJ is 'outside of the region in question' (to quote my advisor).

Just an FYI for people just learing about the PPF and mudflaps. Mudflaps are front only. PPF is a small triangle of PPF ahead of the rear wheel...they aren't putting it all over the car. Tesla sells this same triangle on the online shop if you want to see what it looks like.
I had my detailer remove that PPF as it would just collect dirt as the edges aren't tucked.

Reactions: bgw210 and klzig
Same here a week ago - they're screwing NJ... Shipping to states closer to plants in last 6 week of the quarter.. they are not prioritizing based on OD
All I can say here, is what I said in another thread.

What we see, is only an end result, not the process leading up to this result.

So, claiming they aren’t prioritizing is pointless. Because it could just as easily be prioritizing OTHER ODs that came before YOU.

My EDD updated this morning to closer surprisingly...hopefully that means it is on its way! Fremont to Charlotte, NC is a long trip!
MYLR 7 | Red | White | Tow | 19"
OD 1/13/23
Received VIN on 2/15/23
Original EDD after VIN was 3/3 - 3/11
As of this morning, EDD updated to 2/26-3/7
Still waiting on text to schedule delivery. Hopefully soon! 🤞🤞

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra and fredzos
All I can say here, is what I said in another thread.

What we see, is only an end result, not the process leading up to this result.

So, claiming they aren’t prioritizing is pointless. Because it could just as easily be prioritizing OTHER ODs that came before YOU.
This guy is still on this? They are not prioritizing based on ODs. What more evidence do you need lol.

This guy is still on this? They are not prioritizing based on ODs. What more evidence do you need lol.
I told you, the only thing we can see is end result, and even at that, its a small sample from the forums. You don't have access to their entire production line or list of orders to make any claims.

Neither do I, so I won't make any assumptions.

But if you want to keep spouting your bullshit, you're free to do so. Don't involve me.

It’s obvious to me that they are prioritizing based on highest net margin orders first. The cheaper ones are the ones getting pushed back.
While the price difference for you and I, when looking at something like an SRAWD is a lot compared to a fully kitted MYP/MYLR, it's small change for Tesla. Because YOU see one or two cars to a handful of people on the forum, they look at HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS. Selling a handful at higher price can just as easily mean less profit when compared to many more at a lower price. Pissing off people so that they cancel their orders in the thousands would make them lose way more money then making a few people that paid more happy.

Just for your information, MYP, 7 seaters and most white interiors are made ONLY at Fremont, along with "regular" 5 seat MYLR and ALL Model 3s, Ss and Xs. They have the full production resources of the Austin plant to make just the MYSRAWD and 5 seat MYLR.

So again, all we see is an end result (of people that post on forums)... not the entire process. Using that as a basis for "obvious" is flawed.

Last edited: