Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my delivery scheduled for my 2023 MYLR (obviously without USS) by next week..
And today, I saw changes to my delivery agreement and it says that ‘your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects’..
See screenshot..
When I click ‘learn more’ it is still saying ‘park assist’ is coming soon..

Does this mean they’ll start rolling out atleast ‘park assist’ with tesla vision soon?

Any opinion ?
When I clicked on your link... I accidentally pressed ‘Proceed with Delivery’....but I’m sure you will love your new car😜

This afternoon the EDD for my existing inventory NYAWD that I ordered on 2/10 no longer showed a VIN or Delivery Date either on the APP or the WEB Site.

The web site had this disclosure with a button to proceed with Delivery. I never was notified that the Ultrasonic Sensors were mot on my prebious ordred 2023 MYLR taht I picke up in December. It was a big disappointment. I guess Tesla is trying to cover the butts.

I clicked Proceed With Delivery and then the EDD and VIN Appeared

--------------------------------------

Tesla Vision​

We are taking the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability (if purchased). This new approach enables improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact some features. Learn more

Proceed With Delivery

-------------------

Estimated Delivery: February 23 - March 18​

We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon
It is 145 days (getting on for 6 months) since Tesla screwed over its new car customers, replacing paid for features with “coming soon” and “temporarily disabled” statements. Since then we have additional farting capability, Auld Lang Syne and a variable temperature for our steering wheel. Outstanding Tesla. Get out of the playground and deliver paid for safety features, or see you in court very soon.

Do not take delivery of your car.

Reactions: SPF
Could you elaborate why you expect Investor Day to have an influence on the Tesla Vision timeline?

If anything I'd think the FSD version 11 timeline is relevant to Tesla Vision, not the Investor Day. (which will concern scaling of battery manufacturing and perhaps Model 3 refresh/Generation 3 platform mainly, not Tesla AI).
Strange question. Investor Day is all about Elon, and he seems to enjoy boasting into the microphone that a dozen or so massively inventive things are going to happen by the end of the year. Or next month. V11 will be out next week. Parking warnings? What's that? Driving down an empty highway without sudden braking? That's not a problem any more. Yes I'm being mean, but the guy says such ridiculous things.

I really love my Y. It's a blast to drive. It's tough being a fan of the Tesla vehicles and their technology, and at the same time having a really bad opinion of Elon. I predict we'll have robotaxis at some point but they'll be made by a different brand. I also predict that his developers will figure out L3/4 someday just using cameras, but after all the years of paying for development, he could have just used sensors. I know, the impossible is better.

Maybe this is why AP and FSDb slow down and brake so much - he wants the robotaxi, not a vehicle that a driver will accept. When there's no human driver, or a steering wheel, that car better be careful.

It is 145 days (getting on for 6 months) since Tesla screwed over its new car customers, replacing paid for features with “coming soon” and “temporarily disabled” statements. Since then we have additional farting capability, Auld Lang Syne and a variable temperature for our steering wheel. Outstanding Tesla. Get out of the playground and deliver paid for safety features, or see you in court very soon.

Do not take delivery of your car.
Musk's hubris and pathetic juvenile sense of humor (he's not funny but he sure thinks he is) is sad. I agree 100%, a class action lawsuit is coming if basic paid for functions don't materialize. The plan to remove uss was way earlier than 9/2022....so I'd say this great software has no clue on how to get these uss-less cars the Parking Assist features seen on a 2017 Kia.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I have my delivery scheduled for my 2023 MYLR (obviously without USS) by next week..
And today, I saw changes to my delivery agreement and it says that ‘your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects’..
See screenshot..
When I click ‘learn more’ it is still saying ‘park assist’ is coming soon..

Does this mean they’ll start rolling out atleast ‘park assist’ with tesla vision soon?

Any opinion ?
This is basically saying “Hey we removed the USS from the new cars, which was previously helping you park your car without hitting anything around it, and now “hoping” to use the cameras to do the same—BUT we are still working on it so in the meantime just look around when parking because the car will not do “ping-ping” when you are about to hit something. We are telling you this so that you do not sue us for taking away some of the basic features that we had advertised and have been taken away.” PS. Even decades old Kia has these features but the Tesla does not.

This is a perfect example of how Tesla tends to use misleading statements. It says "your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance" but that actually isn't true since the functionality isn't available. What they should be saying is "Tesla has removed the ultrasonic sensors to detect distances and we are hoping our engineers will one day figure out how to use camera vision as a feasible replacement."

I have a Model 3 and took delivery mid Nov and has no USS. I’m not the greatest reverse Parker and actually hate going in reverse, but the cams help me park in my spot and in the street with no issues.

I would love to have the missing features as I thought they were great in Tesla’s I’ve Turo’d but I haven’t hit anything being careful for now.

I’m confident that the features will be returning. It’s said for over 150 days and still says on Tesla site that they are coming. If they weren’t, they would have conceded but that hasn’t been the case yet.

Yes I want these features very much and hope to see the Summons and Parking features back by the end of April. Which I would still say is “Soon” since they left in Nov. June is the latest. After that, “soon” and “in the near future” are lies.

I totally get people angry the features aren’t here. My last ICE car at least beeped. I’m hoping they are coming sooner than later. I do wish there was more communication.

I am slowly losing hope that these features will ever come to Tesla Vision only cars. Recently, I chatted with an advisor on the Tesla website and asked when Park Assist is expected to be restored to camera-only vehicles. I was told that "there isn't current timeframe as to when or if that will be back." Hearing that is discouraging given that the Tesla website had said that the feature is "coming soon" to camera-only vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
I have a 2022 Model Y. My front parking sensors stopped working about 6 weeks ago. I took it to the Tesla Service Center and they said I have to wait for a software update as they were temporarily deactivated. Has anyone else heard of this?
Just took delivery of MYP..... all parking sensors (distance measures, audible sounds, color change depending on the proximity) are disabled.... we're waiting on the OTA update.

I am slowly losing hope that these features will ever come to Tesla Vision only cars. Recently, I chatted with an advisor on the Tesla website and asked when Park Assist is expected to be restored to camera-only vehicles. I was told that "there isn't current timeframe as to when or if that will be back." Hearing that is discouraging given that the Tesla website had said that the feature is "coming soon" to camera-only vehicles.
i really wouldn’t take to heart what an advisor on the website says. nobody is authorized to give specifics if there aren’t any to give so wouldn’t expect it. And if they weren’t coming back the coming soon would be down and we would have got emails or messages in the app by now. I’d say before June these things should start rexappearing.