Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y RWD vin assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the lack of high voltage description indicates it is a non-LFP battery. I read only the LFP batteries show a High Voltage Type listed.

For further confirmation sc8488 could tell us what is charge limit screen looks like. If it shows 50%-100% it is LFP, if it shows Daily and Trip it is not.

I think the lack of high voltage description indicates it is a non-LFP battery. I read only the LFP batteries show a High Voltage Type listed.

For further confirmation sc8488 could tell us what is charge limit screen looks like. If it shows 50%-100% it is LFP, if it shows Daily and Trip it is not.

My order date was October 15th.

That was my understanding as well bzobzo ( lack of high voltage description). That's what I've read from this forum and other Google searches. I could be wrong , I'm no expert at all.

I also attached what the charge screen looks like , see below.
1000039962.jpg

Just want to congrats you on being the first to take delivery. Honestly gave me hope these cars are actually going to be delivered to us. Did you spot any more RWD at the dealership?

Also can you share when you ordered and what your build was?
Ordered 15th October , build was the cheapest possible, gray, with nothing else from Fremont.

I did get 3 months of FSD because it was a referral.

At Paramus, I did walk around and I did not see any other RWD, but doesn't mean there weren't.

Attachments

• PXL_20231117_222513047.jpg
    PXL_20231117_222513047.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 53
Ordered 15th October , build was the cheapest possible, gray, with nothing else from Fremont.
Thanks for all the information. It very good to know the reality of what is /isn’t shipping.
Just curious if the BioDefense icon is showing in the climate controls (manual shows it next to the recycle). The manual just said something like “if your model y is equipped with this”

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
My order date was October 15th.

That was my understanding as well bzobzo ( lack of high voltage description). That's what I've read from this forum and other Google searches. I could be wrong , I'm no expert at all.

I also attached what the charge screen looks like , see below.

thanks for the info sc8488, I think it's pretty clear it is not LFP.

There is some indication that the RWD battery might be the same battery as the LR, but software limited down to 260 miles. It would be interesting to hear what your supercharger charge rates are when the battery gets above 80%. If it has the bigger battery, it will still have a high rate of charge (maybe 40-50 kw) right up to 100% displayed charge since the battery would physically only be at around 80% then.

There is some indication that the RWD battery might be the same battery as the LR, but software limited down to 260 miles. It would be interesting to hear what your supercharger charge rates are when the battery gets above 80%. If it has the bigger battery, it will still have a high rate of charge (maybe 40-50 kw) right up to 100% displayed charge since the battery would physically only be at around 80% then.
Could Tesla introduce software to slow down the charging artificially so as to moot that benefit?

Most important question: how do you like the car? Give us your thoughts.
Ah. Onto what actually matters eh? My mom has a 3LR so I can benchmark against that.

Compared to the LR , there's a "sluggishness" from 0-20 mph when flooring, which makes sense when you're thinking about one motor pulling from standstill vs 2. After that, it's surprisingly punchy. That's the best way I can describe the acceleration. Then again, this thing is replacing the Mazda cx-9 so it's faster than the outgoing vehicle.

Outside of that drawback (comparing to the dual motor), rest of the experience is good. I'm not sure what's going on with Tesla vision though. I think Elon botched that launch. Mom's car has the sensors , this thing just bugs out when I get close to my garage. Useless beeps and such. And no backup beeps. But that's not specific to RWD. Range is 200 and I expect 150 in winter Jan/ Feb temps, but we don't do long drives regularly. I'm buying dedicated vredenstein tires off tire rack for winter.

Sound system is premium, the doors feel more solid than the 3LR from 2021. They feel less tinny. I noticed they changed the visors too, the 3LR had flimsy ones, this one has decent thickness.

Overall I think this is a sleeper. Keep in mind this is for a family hauler. I have a ND2 Miata that I drive for fun. If the car is meant to satisfy performance/ thrill while hauling, you might want to look dual motor.

Dose anyone know if we get the free 6 months supercharging? I ordered using a referral code which gives $250 and 3 months FSD before they announced the new promotion and will likely take delivery in Dec.
From my understanding, the code that is applied to your account will remain exactly as that. You would have to start a new agreement to get that promotion (if I understand how it all works.) my agreement still shows my referral code as $250 off the price.

It's not software-limited. Model Y RWD uses 2170 cells but it has fewer of them than the Long Range version. Tesla used this same method with the 2020 Model 3 Standard Range RWD with 2170 cells. Of course, they don't design a whole new battery pack for this. They just use the existing Long Range battery pack design but they skip some of the cells and leave those spots blank.

I officially switched from RWD Y to LR AWD. The VIN I received was for 2023. Car will be here next Wednesday and I'll likely schedule pick up that weekend. As much as I wanted to save the money the real world range + cold temperatures would put us in a place I'm not comfortable with.

Thanks sc8488. Appreciate the confirmation.

Tesla were following up about something and I then asked via the app today if my vehicle had been built yet. Apparently it’s waiting for transport and it’s been built ? Not sure if I should be excited yet or not but certainly interesting update!