Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 rear tires bald already?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1693927594580.png

Tread.

Reactions: fiehlsport
You rotate when rhe wear is even
Every 6500 miles
If it becomes uneven, you missed mile mark

Guidelines like rotating every 6500 miles are fine, but sometimes they are overkill.

I have 47,574 miles on original Continentals as of today. Tread wear is even and lots of good tread left. Rotated once at 19,948 miles. Rotating 6 additional times would not have helped my tires at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Guidelines like rotating every 6500 miles are fine, but sometimes they are overkill.

I have 47,574 miles on original Continentals as of today. Tread wear is even and lots of good tread left. Rotated once at 19,948 miles. Rotating 6 additional times would not have helped my tires at all.
This.

Guidelines are just a metric from the manufacturer. But they don’t take into account that everybody drives differently variably on road conditions, speed, and temperature that will affect treadwear. I’ve had Pirelli P-0 tires that were supposed to be only good for 10,000 miles, and I easily accrued past 20k, because I drive reasonably and our road conditions are generally good here.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I was one of those Toyota loyalists but now Tesla
Fascinating to see those loyalists buying used and even the new Prius’ as more important to them than a better sustainability approach of EVs

It’s desperate times for those loyalists
My support of them is better that do that than buy another ICE vehicle

ICE buyers now seem to be like smokers in 2023, look and feel guilt
But come on, get a clue and stop doing that

Sorry, wife has a 2023 MY Long Range with 8k miles. I took a closer look at it this morning and it looks like there is outer wear on the tire. Will Tesla cover a wheel alignment at this point?
Do yourself a favor and take it to a Goodyear store. For roughly $180. they will give you a 3-year alignment package. Tesla wanted just shy $300. For one alignment.