Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an interesting chat with Tesla today when chasing up my deposit allocation in advance of collection on the 14th. I have always been told my car would be arriving at Glasgow on the 9th August but the 14th was the first day I could actually manage to travel down to Glasgow to collect. Knowing it's due to arrive there tomorrow I asked for its current location while on the chat today. I was told it left Dublin Baldonell yesterday and was due to arrive in Glasgow today so I assume that is by truck on a routine ferry service.

Any history of this happening before? I had assumed I was going to get a cancellation at some point over the next few days but they were adamant everything was on track because my car can only be delivered on the contract date. Apparently for Tesla Lease they work out the initial and final payments based on delivery date, the guy was keen to point out that while I couldn't collect early even if I was available they also can't deliver late without preparing a new contract.

Reactions: lucas5905
Had an interesting chat with Tesla today when chasing up my deposit allocation in advance of collection on the 14th. I have always been told my car would be arriving at Glasgow on the 9th August but the 14th was the first day I could actually manage to travel down to Glasgow to collect. Knowing it's due to arrive there tomorrow I asked for its current location while on the chat today. I was told it left Dublin Baldonell yesterday and was due to arrive in Glasgow today so I assume that is by truck on a routine ferry service.

Any history of this happening before? I had assumed I was going to get a cancellation at some point over the next few days but they were adamant everything was on track because my car can only be delivered on the contract date. Apparently for Tesla Lease they work out the initial and final payments based on delivery date, the guy was keen to point out that while I couldn't collect early even if I was available they also can't deliver late without preparing a new contract.
Very odd.
Cars for UK are normally stickered GB and sent to Southampton. I don't know how cars for Ireland are stickered (IE?) but they are shipped initially to Zeebrugge and then direct to Dublin.

Hi, I'm waiting for a Model Y RWD from China to Sweden port of Malmo, I ordered the car 19/6 and got VIN 21/7 with new EDD 3-17/9.
I have been checking frequently but not sure which ship it can be on.

First I thought it might be through Slovenia (Glovis Courage were between Taiwan and Sri Lanka at 21st of July) but now I suspect it's on Morning Carina and then a ship from Zeebrugge to Malmo via Gothenburg, but that makes me unsure aswell since that ship barely left the harbor before I got a VIN.

My TA is not helping so maybe we can figure it out here :)

Hi, I'm waiting for a Model Y RWD from China to Sweden port of Malmo, I ordered the car 19/6 and got VIN 21/7 with new EDD 3-17/9.

First I thought it might be through Slovenia (Glovis Courage were between Taiwan and Sri Lanka at 21st of July) but now I suspect it's on Morning Carina and then a ship from Zeebrugge to Malmo via Gothenburg, but that makes me unsure aswell since that ship barely left the harbor before I got a VIN.

But my VIN is not showing on Tesla.com, only on the final invoice received.

DANUBE HIGHWAY has just arrived in Malmo from Zeebrugge.

SUMMARY 08 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE
Southampton. ETA 17:30 12 Aug

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

GLOVIS CARAVEL ETA Brisbane 16 Aug

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

HOEGH TRADER Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 22 Aug.

VIKING DIAMOND Currently loading at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).

SUMMARY 08 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE
Southampton. ETA 17:30 12 Aug

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

GLOVIS CARAVEL ETA Brisbane 16 Aug

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 22 Aug.

VIKING DIAMOND Currently loading at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).
It is possible to track ships from Berlin to Ashdod?

Having ordered my MYP way back in March, I ended up being unable to collect it mid-August as I'm out of the country (UK) for two weeks. So they have given mine to someone else and I'm 'on the list for a September delivery instead'. Is there any way I can tell how likely that is? How do I find out when the next delivery of MYPs from China to UK is due to hit our shores?

Hey Mr M, I just checked with VIN and my Model S in on board HOEGH TRADER. Finally! :) it must have missed the previous boat.

What an absolute amazing thread. Reading the previous pages was both educational a fun read!

Any ideas where VIKING DIAMOND is heading after Shanghai? I ordered a MY “coming soon” in Sweden on August 2nd. EDD 16-26 September. Haven’t received VIN in app but can see a LRW-VIN in final invoice. Was wondering if it maybe will be picked you by Viking Diamond. Hoegh gives no results. Exciting to be able to track its journey!