Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orders with Asiatic should be those with estimated delivery 20/11-20/12
Do you mean the ship "ASIAN CAPTAIN"?

This should arrive well before 20/11 in southern Europe, I would say at least a month before, on 26/10.

Once it arrives it takes a few days to arrive at all the delivery points and be delivered. The cars spend very little time in the delivery centers, at most a few days.

Reactions: JAMESHENRY1

This should arrive well before 20/11 in southern Europe, I would say at least a month before, on 26/10.

Once it arrives it takes a few days to arrive at all the delivery points and be delivered. The cars spend very little time in the delivery centers, at most a few days.
Are you italian? Yes i mean Asia Captain! Excuse me. Where do you write from?

All the ships we are monitoring do not have a satellite transmitter, or if they do they do not make the data public. There are big holes in ship tracking, precisely because updated data does not arrive via radio. Furthermore, in some countries there is a lack of radio stations that receive ship signals on land.
If they publish the satellite data we will be able to follow them, as we follow the others.
Not quite.
All the ships we are tracking are required, by law, to transmit their AIS positions. There is a get out to allow for the safety of their ship to stop transmitting AIS data temporarily which is how CRYSTAL RAY can legally switch off its AIS as it transits what it's owner regards as a high risk area.
The AIS signal is VHF, which effectively is line of sight. As you correctly state if there is no receiving station within VHF range that is able to rebroadcast the data to the internet there will be a hole in reception. Our tracking site uses data from satellites in low earth orbit that receive the VHF signal to populate the tracking map.
We are able to track ships globally with minimal breaks in coverage for free.
If you were to try and buy this service from a provider it would cost around £1000 per year.
The downside is that it can take a day or two for the ship to initially appear on our tracking map - I reckon it's a good deal!

Last edited:

I think I was pretty clear when I stated that ASIAN CAPTAIN is scheduled to arrive in Koper on 22 Oct.

Not quite.
All the ships we are tracking are required, by law, to transmit their AIS positions. There is a get out to allow for the safety of their ship to stop transmitting AIS data temporarily which is how CRYSTAL RAY can legally switch off its AIS as it transits what it's owner regards as a high risk area.
The AIS signal is VHF, which effectively is line of sight. As you correctly state if there is no receiving station within VHF range that is able to rebroadcast the data to the internet there will be a hole in reception. Our tracking site uses data from satellites in low earth orbit that receive the VHF signal to populate the tracking map.
If you were to try an buy this service from a provider it would cost around £1000 per year.
The downside is that it can take a day or two for the ship to initially appear on our tracking map - I reckon it's a good deal!
fantastic, you did a great job. I didn't know that you also downloaded VHF data from satellites. Now I understand why you can track ships even when marine trackers and others don't have a signal. (or rather they don't show it to sell you the package for €1000)

For Italian customers this means that delivery will be in the last days of October. we are going crazy waiting and seeing full model 3 ships passing through our sea, going to all countries except ours.
I don't see you missing anything. GLOVIS COSMOS probably has some old M3 onboard for the UK market and as such will remain well clear of Italian waters, but otherwise the first ship with new M3 onboard for customer delivery will be CRYSTAL RAY which is heading to Zeebrugge and so will remain clear of Italian waters too. You may be surprised to learn that ASIAN CAPTAIN will also remain clear of Italian waters as she progresses through the Adriatic to Koper.

I don't see you missing anything. GLOVIS COSMOS probably has some old M3 onboard for the UK market and as such will remain well clear of Italian waters, but otherwise the first ship with new M3 onboard for customer delivery will be CRYSTAL RAY which is heading to Zeebrugge and so will remain clear of Italian waters too. You may be surprised to learn that ASIAN CAPTAIN will also remain clear of Italian waters as she progresses through the Adriatic to Koper.
You mean none of the ships bring Model 3 to Italian customers? I hope Asian Captain will. 😢😢😢

You may be surprised to learn that ASIAN CAPTAIN will also remain clear of Italian waters as she progresses through the Adriatic to Koper.
That’s not the case: she will enter Italian waters in her final approach to Koper/Capodistria in the Gulf of Trieste. All big ships do that. 😉

Koper/Capodistria is adjacent to Trieste and the approach it’s the same. It could have been a problem 35 years ago when Yugoslavia still existed but nowadays it’s all EU

Welcome! Just follow the thread.
Any Tesla ships will be identified on here and tracked on the map.
Post on here if get your VIN as hopefully that can help narrow down which ship your car is likely to be on.
Do you have an EDD?
It looks as though a shipment of the refreshed M3 is planned to arrive in EU during October.
Vin LRWYGDEE4PC122327
EDD oct 1-16
Ontario Canada
Model y long range no extras
Thanks in advance

I'm a stalker.

Can you add ASIAN CAPTAIN to tesla traker?

Last edited:
That’s not the case: she will enter Italian waters in her final approach to Koper/Capodistria in the Gulf of Trieste. All big ships do that. 😉

Koper/Capodistria is adjacent to Trieste and the approach it’s the same. It could have been a problem 35 years ago when Yugoslavia still existed but nowadays it’s all EU

I suggest you check a nautical chart.
You will see the traffic separation scheme will keep her clear of Italian waters whilst inbound to Koper.

I'm a stalker.

Can you add ASIAN CAPTAIN to tesla traker?
If you were to try and buy this service from a provider it would cost around £1000 per year.
Patience......It's coming.....