Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may have noted that GRANDE ROMA (which we don't actually know for sure whether she has any Teslas onboard or not) has stopped just off the SW coast of Taiwan. This was because Tropical Storm Koinu looked like it was going strengthen into a typhoon and rip across the Philippines and could have caught GRANDE ROMA as she crossed the South China Sea. It looks like the the ship decided to wait where she is, let the storm pass ahead and then continue her voyage. Predicting the future track of a Typhoon or Hurricane is not an easy job and even the best predictions turn out to be incorrect - as in this case. It now looks like the storm will swerve to the north of the Philippines, strengthen into a Category 3 Typhoon and will hit south Taiwan - precisely where GRANDE ROMA decided to wait it out.
It will be interesting to see what happens next but hanging around her present position for much longer is probably a bad idea.
Full steam ahead NOW would be my suggestion.
Coinu.png

Last edited:
Good afternoon Mr Miserable,

it seems that we have another ship approaching the port of Nangang, the RCC ANTWERP. Let's see if there is any luck and together with the NEPTUNE BARCELONA, we have two ships loaded with Teslas on the way to Europe.

In the last WuWa video, the South port was completely full of M3s, I estimate that there would be at least 6500 cars. The video was recorded on September 26 and it was possible to see that trucks loaded with cars continued arriving at the port.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I suggest you check a nautical chart.
You will see the traffic separation scheme will keep her clear of Italian waters whilst inbound to Koper.
Aha, you are right for the inbound journey 👍😊
The maritime boundaries in the area have a long history of fighting over. Most recently Slovenia was preventing Croatia from joining EU over them.

If you have the opportunity, visit Trieste for the Barcolana regatta, next is Oct 8, 2023

Good afternoon Mr Miserable,

it seems that we have another ship approaching the port of Nangang, the RCC ANTWERP. Let's see if there is any luck and together with the NEPTUNE BARCELONA, we have two ships loaded with Teslas on the way to Europe.

In the last WuWa video, the South port was completely full of M3s, I estimate that there would be at least 6500 cars. The video was recorded on September 26 and it was possible to see that trucks loaded with cars continued arriving at the port.
Yes Indeed RCC ANTWERP, fresh from the dry dock, is making her way to Shanghai South. Her destination remains unknown.

Has Tesla made such a push to Europe before?
There seems to be ships being sent all the time from Shangai since the launch of Highland.
Not since Berlin has been producing the goods. We saw up to around 17 ships per quarter prior to that.
Tesla Shanghai will have had a pretty poor Q3 because of the M3 production lines closing for retooling and reconfiguration. There will have been a relatively slow ramp up too and they may not yet be at their optimum rate. Q4 needs to be big to keep the Wall St vultures at bay and restore the share price.

Reactions: navguy12
NEPTUNE BARCELONA has departed to Singapore. This will be a refuel stop on her way to Europe.
I'm a little surprised with the short time she spent alongside and therefore don't believe this can possibly be a full load, despite the efficiency of the Chinese stevedores.
I'm guessing Zeebrugge and an ETA around 30 Oct, although she may be delayed a day or two if Tropical Storm Koinu develops into a typhoon as forecast.
I'll add her to the tracking map.

Last edited:
This will be the first quarter-end for Tesla that I have seen where there is such a high level of visible undelivered stock.
A quick look at the quayside at Drammen, Norway shows a sizeable bunch of MY from Berlin sitting there - I've never seen that before at quarter-end.
At sea we have at least 5, maybe more, ships on their way to Canada and Europe. I've never seen that before at quarter-end.
This will mean that the Q3 figures will not be as good as some might expect and I expect Tesla will be bad-mouthed by some ignorant Wall St types.
What it also means however is that the Q4 figures could be bigger than Ben Hur!

Reactions: ringi and navguy12
This will be the first quarter-end for Tesla that I have seen where there is such a high level of visible undelivered stock.
A quick look at the quayside at Drammen, Norway shows a sizeable bunch of MY from Berlin sitting there - I've never seen that before at quarter-end.
At sea we have at least 5, maybe more, ships on their way to Canada and Europe. I've never seen that before at quarter-end.
This will mean that the Q3 figures will not be as good as some might expect and I expect Tesla will be bad-mouthed by some ignorant Wall St types.
What it also means however is that the Q4 figures could be bigger than Ben Hur!

I was at Tesla Drammen yesterday and during my 6 hours there they delivered Model Y non-stop to new owners.
The employees couldn't park the new cars outside fast enough so people had to wait for their cars.

I will go back there in a few days and will be there for another 6 hours or so while my car is being serviced.
I live in Drammen.

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Miserable , yesterday, you commented that you had seen the NEPTUNE BARCELONA in the November schedule of the port of Zeebrugge, hence you commented that this ship will head to Belgium when it leaves Shanghai. Do you remember what date it was?

I thought that perhaps, this ship was heading to Barcelona but, with the appearance of the RCC ANTWERP, it is possible that it is the ship that finally comes to Barcelona. What do you think??

NEPTUNE BARCELONA has departed to Singapore. This will be a refuel stop on her way to Europe.
I'm a little surprised with the short time she spent alongside and therefore don't believe this can possibly be a full load, despite the efficiency of the Chinese stevedores.
I'm guessing Zeebrugge and an ETA around 30 Oct, although she may be delayed a day or two if Tropical Storm Koinu develops into a typhoon as forecast.
I'll add her to the tracking map.
Damn this is "weird", it didn't even dock for a whole day, or just about 1 day? hopefully wuwa has a video of the ship getting filled with tesla's

Hi @Mr Miserable , yesterday, you commented that you had seen the NEPTUNE BARCELONA in the November schedule of the port of Zeebrugge, hence you commented that this ship will head to Belgium when it leaves Shanghai. Do you remember what date it was?

I thought that perhaps, this ship was heading to Barcelona but, with the appearance of the RCC ANTWERP, it is possible that it is the ship that finally comes to Barcelona. What do you think??
I believe it was 5 Nov. I know what you are thinking and yes, she could go elsewhere before then.

View attachment 978081I don’t know if this changes anything at all.
But I wake up - check the Tesla app. And now a “start button“ appeared for scheduling a delivery. When I click it, it just says “come back later” “ we will contact you with delivery info”
it wasn’t there before so I take It positively. I’m looking at you Crystal Ray….👀👀
Any updates on this?

So to summarize, we have:

GLOVIS COSMOS ETA Southampton 3 Oct.

CRYSTAL RAY ETA Zeebrugge around 17 Oct

DREAM DIVA ETA Vancouver around 6 Oct

ASIAN CAPTAIN ETA Izmir 18 Oct, KOPER 22 Oct

There is also a possibility that Teslas are being moved on GRANDE ROMA to Thailand (5 Oct) Ashdod (25 Oct) and Zeebrugge (5 Nov).
It's unusually busy for this phase of the quarter - it looks like it will be a bumper Q4!
possible to update this, with neptune barcelona and rcc antwerp whenever their destination is shown, please