Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we seeing a delivery gap then from Shanghai and might they be changing something in production? My early March Model Y delivery (Zenith lease) has now been delayed a month! Possibly my fault because Tesla have been trying to deliver since December and I just lost my S**t with Zenith and Tesla.
There is a gap because of the Tesla business model of trying to avoid £250M+ worth of cars being at sea over the quarter-end which will appear on the balance sheet as unsold stock. So we are not expecting any shipments to EU/UK until after 01 Apr at the earliest and so effectively no deliveries after 31 Mar until May. There will be a dribble of cars into Apr, mainly lease buyers and a hundred or so that could not complete by 31 Mar. Keep your eye on the inventory over the next week - if you have cash/finance ready you may be able to pick up a car whose original sale has fallen through.

Reactions: ringi
GRANDE HOUSTON has departed Shanghai South. She is bound for Turkey, Italy and UK however I don't think she will have any Teslas onboard.
Her berth at Shanghai South has been taken by MORNING CELLO, as yet I am unaware of her itinerary.

Over in San Francisco, I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS SPRING which is currently alongside Pier 80. This is a very unusual movement and I'm still appealling to anyone in SF who can take a look-see to find out what is being loaded.

Over in Norway, it looks like a load of Berlin-produced MY have been unloaded in Drammen from AUTO ENERGY.

Meanwhile back in China, THEMIS has now departed from the Haitong terminal for Suez. I don't know her final destination but I can see her next itinerary which starts from Zeebrugge on 29 Apr. Nevertheless, I don't see her as a Tesla ship.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: transpondster
The latest WuWa video shows that CHANG DA LONG is once again transporting Teslas to Thailand. This is at least the second but possibly third shipment of Teslas this ship has taken to Thailand in Q1. The trouble with this latest shipment is that the cars won't be delivered in Q1.
For those who may not be aware, in Thailand you drive on the left (as in UK) and so is a RHD market.

Reactions: Perico
Nothing is impossible ... 450 Teslas for Sweden ... Greets

"Tom Sawyer" left the port of Zeebrugge through the sea lock on Tuesday night. On Thursday, the ship passed the Kiel Canal.
For the transport, the ferry is not used by TT Line itself, according to KN information. The "Tom Sawyer" is to sail on behalf of the US car manufacturer.
Apparently, Tesla wants to get the cars to Södertalje in Sweden as quickly as possible."
450 Teslas.

View attachment 920464
Yeah, I suspected my car was on it since Tesla booked my delivery on 27th (3 days after it arrives). I’m not going to pick up in the harbor but the car is transported to the dealership.

Few weeks ago they told me they will move the car from Tilburg in NL to Zeebrugge in Belgium before transport to Sweden. That sounded weird but not it makes sense.

Yeah, I suspected my car was on it since Tesla booked my delivery on 27th (3 days after it arrives). I’m not going to pick up in the harbor but the car is transported to the dealership.

Few weeks ago they told me they will move the car from Tilburg in NL to Zeebrugge in Belgium before transport to Sweden. That sounded weird but not it makes sense.
Yes it never went near Tilburg!

what about Hoege Copenhagen? Baltimore - Zeebrugge. Arrival date 21:st of April. Possible candidate for next S/X EU export?
Yes HOEGH COPENHAGEN departing Baltimore 11 Apr and arriving Zeebrugge on 21 Apr is a definite prospect.
It may be a little too early in the quarter though, but once VINs are allocated it will be easy enough to confirm.

• Love
Reactions: Karotentrekker
Monday 27 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH BANGKOK
ETA Zeebrugge 29 Mar. Note revised arrival date, a day earlier than originally planned. She is currently in Le Havre. I don't believe there are many cars onboard.

I'm not expecting to see another departure from Shanghai until 01 Apr at the earliest.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

You can follow the ship on this map.

Last edited:
For those waiting in Ireland & no VIN allocated, inventory has just been flooded with MY and a few M3 & reports of VIN allocations for some existing orders.

No ship on the horizon, so wonder might they be cars re-allocated from UK after many like me saying that wasn't possible

For those waiting in Ireland & no VIN allocated, inventory has just been flooded with MY and a few M3 & reports of VIN allocations for some existing orders.

No ship on the horizon, so wonder might they be cars re-allocated from UK after many like me saying that wasn't possible
Probably just unfulfilled orders. With such a low deposit the proportion of orders that then fail to materialise into sales is going to be quite high.

These aren’t unfulfilled orders - over 60 Model Y in inventory (which is massive for Ireland!), and a huge amount of reservations here.

tesla staff telling people today that a ship is due in Dublin In 2 weeks with these cars, no vins assigned on Hoegh ships - delivery windows mid April to early May

Located in Cork, Ireland. M3RWD / Midnight Silver / 18" Aero Wheels / Black Interior ordered on 28 Oct 2022 (Jan-Mar 2023 lead time). Upgraded to the M3LR after the price drop, on 16 Jan 2023. Lead time stayed the same and then changed to a time window, 24 Feb - 12 March (I think this was a known error as Tesla's commit dates were lagging behind with all the changes incurred after the price drop). Then changed to Apr-May. Then to 12 July-25 September. Then to Apr-June. Got a request today to accept Tesla Vision, accepted. Lead time is now 19 April-4 May and I have a hidden VIN. Finally! :)

Reactions: navguy12
Located in Cork, Ireland. M3RWD / Midnight Silver / 18" Aero Wheels / Black Interior ordered on 28 Oct 2022 (Jan-Mar 2023 lead time). Upgraded to the M3LR after the price drop, on 16 Jan 2023. Lead time stayed the same and then changed to a time window, 24 Feb - 12 March (I think this was a known error as Tesla's commit dates were lagging behind with all the changes incurred after the price drop). Then changed to Apr-May. Then to 12 July-25 September. Then to Apr-June. Got a request today to accept Tesla Vision, accepted. Lead time is now 19 April-4 May and I have a hidden VIN. Finally! :)
Not on a Hoegh ship. Checked the VIN locator Mr. M shared, FYI.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I moved my order to one of the inventory cars (same spec without a tow bar). And now have a delivery date range of April 19 - May 4

I see the following in the source code near the vin: "vehicleRoutingLocation":35949

Anyone know where those locations are / what they mean?