Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Mr Miserable… I’m London based and have a confirmed delivery date for my Model 3 on 09Mar… got the VIN back on 03Feb. This doesn’t seem to tally with any of the the info here! Any ideas?!!
Perhaps similar to mine. Got my VIN on 3rd Feb but by delivery is 15th March at Birmingham... It must just be taking a while to unload our cars and get them to where needed.

As predicted, it looks like K.ASIAN BEAUTY is enroute to load at Pier 80 in San Francisco. It seems strange that it was only about 2 years ago that everything was being shipped from Pier 80 and now it looks like it will be just one ship this quarter.
Can this one be carrying model X and S heading for EU? Shipping through Panama canal?

I got a message from Tesla saying that my model X is arriving in Sweden in the next couple of weeks and to get ready. Called Tesla Sweden and they said that info went out by mistake.
Earlier they also said that the delivery message that my car would be delivered in Q2 instead of Q1 was sent out / changed on the order page by "mistake".

Not sure what to believe. :)

Hi Mr Miserable… I’m London based and have a confirmed delivery date for my Model 3 on 09Mar… got the VIN back on 03Feb. This doesn’t seem to tally with any of the the info here! Any ideas?!!
Very similar situation - Received a text on 9 Feb to schedule the delivery of my MYSR at Brent Cross, earliest slot is 10 Mar and that's what I took. Got VIN on 10 Feb. I think our cars were both on Grand Mark which arrived Southampton last Friday.

Reactions: waltonmark
Start to see a pattern...
Until yesterday, the Chiba still showed "Suez" as destination. This morning it changed to Zeebrugge.
Could it be that Tesla only defines the final destination and cars by destination as soon as the ship comes to Suez?

I am checking the availabe Model Y LR in Blue in Belgium. Since the last 2 weeks there is only one type.
With the 2 ships arriving now in Zeebrugge, I hope to see some more coming up which then also allows that they link a car to my order. As I ordered through a leasing comp, I can not see my VIN or narrow delivery schedule unless I call Tesla. (Which I will do next week)
HOEGH CHIBA is on a scheduled service and her itinerary is published - it has nothing to do with Tesla. All ships bound for Suez state Suez as their destination. Once in the canal or clear of the canal they then change their AIS destination to their next port.

Can this one be carrying model X and S heading for EU? Shipping through Panama canal?

I got a message from Tesla saying that my model X is arriving in Sweden in the next couple of weeks and to get ready. Called Tesla Sweden and they said that info went out by mistake.
Earlier they also said that the delivery message that my car would be delivered in Q2 instead of Q1 was sent out / changed on the order page by "mistake".

Not sure what to believe. :)
The last shipments all departed from the East coast and so I think it unlikely for them to ship from Pier 80, but you never know!!
We shall find out soon enough....

Very similar situation - Received a text on 9 Feb to schedule the delivery of my MYSR at Brent Cross, earliest slot is 10 Mar and that's what I took. Got VIN on 10 Feb. I think our cars were both on Grand Mark which arrived Southampton last Friday.
It does make me wonder whether GLOVIS SUNRISE is heading to Southampton. There seem to be a lot of you "in the same boat' as it were..
We won't find out for sure until either
a. GLOVIS SUNRISE changes her AIS destination on 26 Feb, or
b. someone in Tesla confirms it.

It does make me wonder whether GLOVIS SUNRISE is heading to Southampton. There seem to be a lot of you "in the same boat' as it were..
We won't find out for sure until either
a. GLOVIS SUNRISE changes her AIS destination on 26 Feb, or
b. someone in Tesla confirms it.
That would make sense as there are a few of us in the same boat. Received VIN and registration number 10th Feb and delivery on 15th March (earliest they could offer).

If GLOVIS SUNRISE is indeed Southampton bound when would you anticipate its arrival at dock?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Monday 20 Feb 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH TRAPPER
ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge. . Her scheduled arrrival in Zeebrugge remains 22 Feb.

RCC PASSION ETA Koper 27 Feb. A prime suspect but no firm evidence to suggest she is carrying any Teslas.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE Could she be heading to Southampton first???? I have just reviewed my calcs and she could arrive as early as 07 Mar. We know she departs Zeebrugge on 09 Mar so that could still fit. The VIN allocations and EDD all seem to indicate she will call at Southampton.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona 08 Mar. Could this ship have the Ashdod shipment onboard? She could arrive on 03 or 04 Mar and still make it to Barcelona on schedule. No clues on the Ashdod arrivals board yet....

DREAM ORCHID Departed Shanghai South to Pyeongtaek, S Korea. Now heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar (via refuel in Singapore) and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 16 Mar. Currently enroute to Singapore(refuel stop).

GRAND RUBY is now enroute to Singapore ETA 22 Feb.
This could mean an ETA in Koper of 10 Mar or Barcelona on 11 Mar. If heading to Zeebrugge ~ 16 Mar

GRAND HERO is still alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains undetermined for the moment but I think it is more likely to be a Mediterranean port rather than one in NW Europe..

GOLD XING ETA Taipei 04 Mar. She is heading to Taiwan with Berlin-built MYs onboard.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.'

K.ASIAN BEAUTY is inbound to Pier 80. I assume a shipment to Taiwan but ....
Anyone in San Francisco able to take a look at what is parked on Pier 80 at the moment??

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: XHabjab
So was that the hidden VIN or the official VIN notification?
No, it was not hidden and there wasn't any notification. The only indication I had was the variable isNotMatchedToRa00Vin was set to false in the source code, which some may say it means there's a soft-match. Couple of days later I got the message to choose a collection date & time.

Only after CHIBA went through SUEZ I've got the VIN to appear both on my account and the source code.

Been following the thread for a while but created an account and posting to hopefully help on the Glovis Sunrise Southampton theory. I got a text from Tesla on 7th Feb (the day Sunrise docked in Shanghai) and earliest I could collect from Southampton was 7th March, which roughly tracks with Mr Miserable's estimate for a potential Southampton dock-in.

I've got a VIN after talking to Tesla and asking, but can't remember whether I had it before they asked me to book a slot for collection. Either way, similar dates to some others.