Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5 May 23 Summary

GRAND CHAMPION
has now arrived in Zeebrugge

GOLD KOCHAV has now arrived in Taipei. Although she will head to Shanghai next I suspect she is finished with Tesla work.

TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 7 May.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 15 May.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE ETA Barcelona 15 May.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 20 May. Don't forget to enter the free competition! Click HERE to enter.
Currently not transmitting her position on AIS. Will probably stay 'dark' until established in the Red Sea, probably on Saturday.

DON PASQUALE ETA Barcelona 23 May and Southampton 28 May

HOEGH SHANGHAI is on a scheduled service and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 25 May. We don't yet know whether she has any Teslas onboard but the good news is that we can check if any Teslas have been loaded onboard her once the VINs have been allocated.

MORNING CAROLINE She is highly likely to be carrying RWD MY to Canada ETA 16 May.

GRAND EAGLE ETA Melbourne 15/5 Must be a suspect.

TALIA is just arriving at Shanghai South. No further details on her at the moment.

Over in California JASPER ARROW has arrived at Pier 80 and RCC COMPASS which is also due to visit Pier 80 is across the Bay in Benicia.
RCC AFRICA is not due to arrive until 17 May and is presently off the coast of the Turks and Caicos Islands heading for the Windward passage.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

My Model Y RWD is on Hoegh Shanghai

1683289575715.png

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Have a look at my previous posts. I’ll be getting mine soon (May 15th at the dealer) and it’s expected to come from Rotterdam. My dealer is in Brussels.

However no clue how the cars are getting to Rotterdam. Perhaps via GRAND CHAMPION?
I wouldn't really expect your car to come from Rotterdam.
Some S/X were shipped to Rotterdam from USA but 3/Y continue to enter NW Europe via Zeebrugge.

Have a look at my previous posts. I’ll be getting mine soon (May 15th at the dealer) and it’s expected to come from Rotterdam. My dealer is in Brussels.

However no clue how the cars are getting to Rotterdam. Perhaps via GRAND CHAMPION?
I think all will go by truck. At least, that's how it happened in the past. I just can't understand how it would take so many days to get to the dealership. Unless ours isn't on Grand Champion or Tokyo Car.

I cancelled my Model 3 LR today :(

Then I ordered a Model 3 P :)

Went for a 4 year lease on the M3P over the 3 years for the M3LR to bring the price down but hopefully the extra performance and subtle design upgrades will keep me happy for that bit longer!

I was 50/50 on it but landed on the side of "feck it!" I will make sure to keep updating as my 2nd order progresses. They still estimate I will get the car in June (LR was scheduled for June 1st) but we shall see.

Reactions: navguy12
I am waiting for the delivery of my new Model 3, travelling to Tilburg (NL). Normally they ship to Zeebrugge, right? Would it be Grand Champion or Tokyo Car? I have a pick-up between May 8th and 22nd.
Hey fellow naamgenoot,

I am also waiting for my new Model 3, it's a company car though. It has been ordered by the leasing company on April 21 and soon after I received a phone call from Tesla stating I would most likely receive my car in May. Did you order your car yourself or is it also via a leasing company? I'm wondering if the VIN will still be shown in the Tesla app although it's ordered by the leasing company.

I’m wondering if the VIN will still be shown in the Tesla app although it's ordered by the leasing company.
No, it most likely won’t show up. However you might call the dealer or the leasing company to know if a VIN has been allocated. Success rates vary 🙂

Again, really curious about Rotterdam. Seen messages in another forums that Tesla dealers confirmed that M3’s would be coming from Rotterdam (Which is my case as well) and going to France from there.

As apparently there is no ship going to Rotterdam, so I’m curious what’s the deal about Rotterdam? Some final assembly?

So it would mean that M3’s get to Zeebrugge (BE), then to Rotterdam (what magic is being applied there?), then back to Brussels, BE (in my case).

Not that it would be important, but I’d like to understand, especially since different Tesla dealers confirm that M3’s are coming from Rotterdam.

In terms of efficiency the Rotterdam part doesn’t make any sense.

I will try to ask the dealer if l’ll get the chance, but for sure it’s no rocket science and somebody here must to know!

Reactions: cheeseboss
Tesla have used Grimsby before but that was years ago when the UK cars were distributed from Zeebrugge.
I don't particularly like the idea of leftover cars being exported to Ireland via Grimsby though. Can you imagine the paperwork involved? Importing the cars from China to UK in Southampton and then transporting them to Grimsby and then across to Zeebrugge to import into EU and then transporting them to Ireland. There is a lot of money going down the pan here for little or no benefit. So, no I don't buy that one.

SEINE HIGHWAY could be carrying Teslas but you have to ask yourself how did the cars get to Zeebrugge? GRAND CHAMPION has yet to arrive there and so I'd be surprised if there were any on this voyage.
Cool cheers! Yeah I thought it was a long shot in fairness

The only benefit I can think of for Tesla to move cars to the UK and then to Ireland via Zeebrugge is because of the steering wheel being on the correct side of the car

If Tesla have an overstock in the UK it makes sense because a car unsold makes no money at all, still I doubt that there's an overstock in the UK

More likely these ships are bringing British made cars to the EU, yes that still happens despite B****t

No, it most likely won’t show up. However you might call the dealer or the leasing company to know if a VIN has been allocated. Success rates vary 🙂

Again, really curious about Rotterdam. Seen messages in another forums that Tesla dealers confirmed that M3’s would be coming from Rotterdam (Which is my case as well) and going to France from there.

As apparently there is no ship going to Rotterdam, so I’m curious what’s the deal about Rotterdam? Some final assembly?

So it would mean that M3’s get to Zeebrugge (BE), then to Rotterdam (what magic is being applied there?), then back to Brussels, BE (in my case).

Not that it would be important, but I’d like to understand, especially since different Tesla dealers confirm that M3’s are coming from Rotterdam.

In terms of efficiency the Rotterdam part doesn’t make any sense.

I will try to ask the dealer if l’ll get the chance, but for sure it’s no rocket science and somebody here must to know!
Great news! I just received an email from Tesla with my VIN! It is LRW3E7FS4PC823066. Does anyone have an idea on how you can check which ship my car is on? I'm absolutely stoked! 🤩

In all honesty: if you car is supposed to be delivered in may, I guess it’s already in Zeebrugge?
The leasing company placed the order on April 21. I'm pretty much in the dark besides that. A Tesla employee called me to tell me that I would most likely receive my car in May, but he assured me to take that information with a grain of salt. Anyhow, I'm just way too excited for this car so following this process gives me a smile from ear to ear.

The leasing company placed the order on April 21. I'm pretty much in the dark besides that. A Tesla employee called me to tell me that I would most likely receive my car in May, but he assured me to take that information with a grain of salt. Anyhow, I'm just way too excited for this car so following this process gives me a smile from ear to ear.
What car did you order? My leasing company placed an order for a model Y to be delivered to Belgium in November and I’m still waiting. Delivery has been postponed 3 times already, now set for April-June.

Cool cheers! Yeah I thought it was a long shot in fairness

The only benefit I can think of for Tesla to move cars to the UK and then to Ireland via Zeebrugge is because of the steering wheel being on the correct side of the car

If Tesla have an overstock in the UK it makes sense because a car unsold makes no money at all, still I doubt that there's an overstock in the UK

More likely these ships are bringing British made cars to the EU, yes that still happens despite B****t
Little update on this, I went in to test drive a M3 in Dublin today and asked the nice man behind the counter if he had any further details on my order

He confirmed the car is in Zeebrugge and waiting to be brought to Ireland for delivery in the second half of June

So there may be a delay getting cars out of Zeebrugge from the looks of it

My EDD is June 13th to 28th and I have no VIN, hidden or visible