Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over in Shanghai another ship is looming on the horizon - GLOVIS SUNRISE looks like she is positioning herself to be next to dock at Shanghai South.
GLOVIS SUNRISE is a bigger ship than GLOVIS COURAGE and can squeeze in an extra 500 cars or so.
Any guess as to where she might be going? I looked around for a shipping schedule, but didn't find one.

EDIT: Also, still no end in sight to the port strike in Vancouver. MORNING MARGARETA is supposed to arrive in a few days - you think she'll sit there and wait, or is there a possibility of a diversion to Tacoma?

I originally had an EDD of August 17-31, it's since changed to August 4-18. I wonder if my car is on MORNING MARGARETA? Tesla has given me no indication of a delay in delivery date (they just pushed it up). I have a hidden VIN in the source code of my order page. I don't know if this VIN will be my final VIN or not as Tesla hasn't officially provided me the VIN in the app. Is there any way to look up if my car is on that ship?

I'm in Ontario and ordered on July 1st. Blue / Black MYLR AWD / Induction Wheels

I originally had an EDD of August 17-31, it's since changed to August 4-18. I wonder if my car is on MORNING MARGARETA? Tesla has given me no indication of a delay in delivery date (they just pushed it up). I have a hidden VIN in the source code of my order page. I don't know if this VIN will be my final VIN or not as Tesla hasn't officially provided me the VIN in the app. Is there any way to look up if my car is on that ship?

I'm in Ontario and ordered on July 1st. Blue / Black MYLR AWD / Induction Wheels
If you ignore the port strike, MORNING MARGARETA was supposed to unload her cargo in Vancouver on July 16. I'm on the west side of Canada, and my EDD is July 17 to 31, which aligns to her arrival, plus time for ground shipping.

It's hard to say, IMO. Your car could be on MORNING MARGARETA, because if they decide to divert her to Tacoma, a delivery date in early August would make sense if you include the ground shipping time to Ontario. Or alternatively, maybe it'll be on the next ship from Shanghai - GLOVIS SUNRISE, perhaps, based on Mr Miserable's post above?

Reactions: RedGing12
If you ignore the port strike, MORNING MARGARETA was supposed to unload her cargo in Vancouver on July 16. I'm on the west side of Canada, and my EDD is July 17 to 31, which aligns to her arrival, plus time for ground shipping.

It's hard to say, IMO. Your car could be on MORNING MARGARETA, because if they decide to divert her to Tacoma, a delivery date in early August would make sense if you include the ground shipping time to Ontario. Or alternatively, maybe it'll be on the next ship from Shanghai - GLOVIS SUNRISE, perhaps, based on Mr Miserable's post above?
Yes it makes more sense that my car would be on either of the GLOVIS ships. A month turnaround makes sense if they're picking up cars now to get them here by mid-August. The SA has been giving me a date of August 9th for a while now. I've even been checking if cars pop up in inventory and they all say "coming soon". I asked the SA about them and they told me same date for inventory, August 9th. Fingers crossed the strike is over by the end of July!

SUMMARY 11 Jul 23

CRYSTAL RAY
has finally docked in Barcelona. She has 3458 MY and 762 M3 to unload.

VIKING SEA remains in a sheltered anchorage off Vancouver Island and is clearly waiting for the port strike to conclude.

MORNING MARGARETA is on her way to New Westminster ETA 15/16 Jul.

HOEGH TRIDENT arrives Zeebrugge 23 Jul with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.
If you have your VIN, check to see if your car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering your VIN HERE.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI I suspect she is bound for Southampton ETA probably around 4 Aug.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug).

GLOVIS COURAGE is currently alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains unknown but we can be reasonably confident it won't be Canada!

GLOVIS SUNRISE should be the next ship to load at Shanghai South.

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan ETA 17 Jul.

MALAYSIA GRACE departed Shanghai South for Nagoya, which I normally associate with Toyota. So she may not be carrying Teslas.

You can follow the ships on this map where the ships positions are updated regularly via satellite.