Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I see. Yeah mine definitely isn’t on one of those ships. I assume my car is on morning margareta. That would line up with what the SA told me (est. August 9th). The ship left Shanghai on July 7th and since it typically takes 30 days to deliver from China to Ontario, that would line up with what the SA told me.

EDIT: My SA just confirmed it is in transit! Must be on the morning margareta then.
What did you order? I'm in ontario also

@Mr Miserable VIKING SEA has a confirmed 1117 cars onboard, and it is estimated to be fully unloaded at 6/7:00pm PST.
A1AD35D9-E1B5-4FB9-8F96-E5E15B1D383B.jpeg

I was just going to post that. This morning it was listed to have "1398 units" aboard, and now it says 1117 for the afternoon shift to unload.

Unknown if they are all Teslas, however - and there was a rumor that she was only carrying 250 Tesla vehicles. Did VIKING SEA pick up anywhere else prior to Shanghai?

Hi there, I'm new here :)

Just received a hidden VIN today for my M3LR. The car destination is Warsaw, Poland.
The car was ordered on 10 Jul, EDD is July/August in the App, but there is a delivery date of 15 Aug 2023 on the Invoice. AFAIK cars ordered in Warsaw arrive in Koper.

CRYSTAL RAY now traveling from Barcelona to the port of Tyne. Could this be delivering any remaining cargo or is Southampton the only port used for Tesla? Have an EDD for a M3 of the 29th July which looks too early for any other ships. VIN number looks like a end of may/early june build which would fit with when CRYSTAL RAY departed Shanghai... Detective work = very addictive....

@Mr Miserable MORNING MARGARETA appears to have stopped (your map says her speed is zero knots) off the coast of Vancouver Island. Is it just because of congestion in the shipping lanes going in and out of Vancouver?

I used the distance tool on Vesselfinder, and it says that she's still over 400 miles away! Why would they stop that far out? 🤨

boat.jpg

Last edited:
Guessing on Mr Miserable behalf: The port backup gives the ship an opportunity for drills, exercises, training or maintenance with no incremental lost time.
Didn't get a chance to reply to your post specifically yesterday, but that makes sense, thanks.

She still hasn't moved, but I got an email from my SA yesterday saying that my vehicle is in transit to the showroom and I can expect a delivery notification very soon. So they're definitely expecting the vehicle to arrive on time - needless to say, I will be watching MORNING MARGARETA like a hawk over the next day or so! 😂

SUMMARY 16 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
is on her way to New Westminster. Clearly her docking has been delayed by the recent dock strike - I have no idea when she will dock.

HOEGH TRIDENT arrives Zeebrugge 23 Jul with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.
If you have your VIN, check to see if your car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering your VIN HERE.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. Southampton afterwards?? She has currently 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits an area regarded as high risk. I expect it will stay off until she is in the northern part of the Red Sea next weekend.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug).

GLOVIS COURAGE enroute to Singapore initially for a refuel and I expect her then to head for Suez.
Rough estimates for possible destinations are:
Koper 1 Aug, Barcelona 2 Aug, Southampton 6 Aug or Zeebrugge 7 Aug

GLOVIS SUNRISE
is also heading initially to Singapore before heading to EU. She is effectively 2 days behind GLOVIS COURAGE for timings.

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan ETA 17 Jul.

CRYSTAL RAY now traveling from Barcelona to the port of Tyne. Could this be delivering any remaining cargo or is Southampton the only port used for Tesla? Have an EDD for a M3 of the 29th July which looks too early for any other ships. VIN number looks like a end of may/early june build which would fit with when CRYSTAL RAY departed Shanghai... Detective work = very addictive....
No She is devoid of Teslas now.