Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could be right but there’s also the possibility that everything on VIKING SEA as well as MORNING MARGARETA were built in roughly the same batch. Remember the WuWa video that showed thousands of cars waiting to load at the terminal, then VIKING SEA only loaded an estimated 250 cars. My belief is that somebody got wind of a pending strike at the Vancouver docks and tried to hustle a partial load before the strike hit… and missed the cut.

Your theory and mine are just ideas and one could be right or both could be wrong (but I think mine more likely).
The strike wasn’t even voted on or known when VIKING SEA set sail

There's quite a few M3's in inventory in AB, what config are you looking for?

If you want it sooner, get your order swapped to another vehicle with a sooner build date.

Anything before June 19 should have been on VIKING SEA and coming soon. Vehicles built at the end of June should be on MORNING MARGARETA.
Mine is a M3LR in grey
I can't find anything ready for delivery in Calgary inventory but they are all coming soon

Mine is a M3LR in grey
I can't find anything ready for delivery in Calgary inventory but they are all coming soon
There won't be anything ready for immediate delivery.

If you're willing to accept white, there's a white M3LR built on June 14, which may have been brought over on VIKING SEA, because she sailed from Shanghai on the 19th, albeit with a small load of Teslas aboard.

Besides that, there's a black one that was born on June 27, which will definitely be on MORNING MARGARETA.

If either of those colors are acceptable, call up your SA and ask them if either of those cars will come before yours. I would like to think that they'll be much faster than your current EDD.

There won't be anything ready for immediate delivery.

If you're willing to accept white, there's a white M3LR built on June 14, which may have been brought over on VIKING SEA, because she sailed from Shanghai on the 19th, albeit with a small load of Teslas aboard.

Besides that, there's a black one that was born on June 27, which will definitely be on MORNING MARGARETA.

If either of those colors are acceptable, call up your SA and ask them if either of those cars will come before yours. I would like to think that they'll be much faster than your current EDD.
In this case I think my car is on Viking Sea as I got the VIN (by using code)at the first place when I placed the order(jul5)

In this case I think my car is on Viking Sea as I got the VIN (by using code)at the first place when I placed the order(jul5)
If your car was on VIKING SEA, it's already been unloaded. That's a ridiculous amount of time to get a car from Vancouver to Calgary. Someone in Saskatoon in the other thread already got a delivery notification.

All I'm saying is, it doesn't hurt to ask the question...

If your car was on VIKING SEA, it's already been unloaded. That's a ridiculous amount of time to get a car from Vancouver to Calgary. Someone in Saskatoon in the other thread already got a delivery notification.

All I'm saying is, it doesn't hurt to ask the question...
Of course,the question is,our local tesla didn't pick up the call,will try again tomorrow

What I'm saying is,maybe it's on the next Viking Sea,just that's it's weird for the EDD whatever the boat is it's just weird

Let say my car is on Morning Margareta I don't think it will take long like in Aug 28-sept 5,and the actual delivery date is always delay from EDD

Of course,the question is,our local tesla didn't pick up the call,will try again tomorrow

What I'm saying is,maybe it's on the next Viking Sea,just that's it's weird for the EDD whatever the boat is it's just weird

Let say my car is on Morning Margareta I don't think it will take long like in Aug 28-sept 5,and the actual delivery date is always delay from EDD
In the UK, my car has already been there sometime. It looks like if it’s not the end of Q, Tesla doesn’t really care to get it to you. I find it extremely poor.

I have just ordered a 0 PCP inventory car and it says I may be eligible for delivery to home address, I have yet to sort out the PCP but just wondered has anyone had this before and would it be wiser to try and collect from Bluewater?

SUMMARY 23 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
was on her way to New Westminster, Canada. Holding well offshore. I have no idea when she will dock although she is showing on the Tacoma arrivals board for a 27 Jul arrival.

HOEGH TRIDENT has now arrived in Zeebrugge from Shanghai with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. (Southampton afterwards??)
As predicted on this thread, she has now 'reappeared' in the Red Sea heading for Suez.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug). She has 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits what some regard as a high risk area. I'm not expecting her to magically 'reappear' in the Red Sea until around Wednesday at the earliest.

GLOVIS COURAGE heading for Suez.
Revised estimates for possible destinations are:
Koper 5 Aug, Barcelona 6 Aug, Southampton 10 Aug or Zeebrugge 11 Aug. (Koper looks likely)

GLOVIS SUNRISE is also heading to EU. She is effectively 2 days behind GLOVIS COURAGE for timings.

MORNING CARINA She departed Shanghai on 21 Jul and will arrive in Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug
I'm not yet convinced she is carrying Teslas.

MORNING MARGARETA was on her way to New Westminster, Canada. Holding well offshore. I have no idea when she will dock although she is showing on the Tacoma arrivals board for a 27 Jul arrival.
We have someone in the Canada thread who works at the Port of Vancouver, and he was able to see that MORNING MARGARETA is on the work schedule for this week. That would support the AIS ETA of July 25, although I would question whether she'd be able to unload and make it to Tacoma by July 27.

We think that she may start moving between later today and tomorrow, and we have several people watching her like a bunch of vultures, lol.

Also, a whole bunch of MYLR inventory just appeared as "coming soon" to Canada, and the vehicles have July 22 build dates, indicating that they just came off the factory floor. Does that signal that another shipment is being prepared for Canada?

VIKING SEA did sail for Shanghai after leaving Vancouver, with an ETA of July 28, so keep an eye out for any suspect ships heading that way... 👀

I see GOLD XING is waiting off the coast to load in Shanghai (probably at the main Haitong Terminal).
She is due to depart to Ashdod, Israel (31 Jul) and Derince, Turkey (4 Aug).
She has been used in the past by Tesla and so it's quite possible she may be on Tesla business again.
I received my final invoice with VIN on Friday 14th, courage seems like it departed from Shanghai at 13th, do you think they loaded my Tesla model 3 on courage or is it more likely on Glovis Sunrise? I cannot really check for a cargo id, so you have link for the page, where can I check, please?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
We have someone in the Canada thread who works at the Port of Vancouver, and he was able to see that MORNING MARGARETA is on the work schedule for this week. That would support the AIS ETA of July 25, although I would question whether she'd be able to unload and make it to Tacoma by July 27.

We think that she may start moving between later today and tomorrow, and we have several people watching her like a bunch of vultures, lol.

Also, a whole bunch of MYLR inventory just appeared as "coming soon" to Canada, and the vehicles have July 22 build dates, indicating that they just came off the factory floor. Does that signal that another shipment is being prepared for Canada?

VIKING SEA did sail for Shanghai after leaving Vancouver, with an ETA of July 28, so keep an eye out for any suspect ships heading that way... 👀
I saw a bunch of inventory pop up here in Ontario too. Must be a shipment leaving soon. Im glad to hear that the MM is finally docking this week! SA keeps telling me August 9th. Unless my car will be on a hyper train idk how it’s going to arrive by then 😂

I received my final invoice with VIN on Friday 14th, courage seems like it departed from Shanghai at 13th, do you think they loaded my Tesla model 3 on courage or is it more likely on Glovis Sunrise? I cannot really check for a cargo id, so you have link for the page, where can I check, please?
All the indications, including yours, suggest GLOVIS COURAGE is heading for Koper.
There isn't a method to check whether your car is on a Glovis vessel.

Haha just called local tesla saying my car is in transit (I don't exactly know what that means)as if it's already on the boat the SA was hesitated and said yes

Again it's impossible if it's on the boat but the EDD will be on aug28-sept5

And I don't officially get the VIN yet which I found it from the code at the very first place I ordered my car(jul5)