Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like MORNING CAROL is creeping her way into Shanghai South.
She is being quite brave and gambling that Typhoon Khanum will not edge closer to Shanghai. The typhoon does appear to be taking up a steady NE'ly course towards Japan.
MORNING CAROL should depart to Dubai (probably via Singapore).

Typhoon Khanum is still going strong but has moved far enough east to release the huge volume of shipping that has been waiting for the storm to get out of the way. The result is that the waters to the SE of Shanghai have never been so congested. Many ships are continuing to hold until the stampede, and the rough seas, subside.
Meanwhile THEMIS has joined MORNING CAROL alongside at Shanghai South. I'm fairly satisfied that THEMIS is of no interest to us.

Over in Norway, the dockside of Drammen is awash with Teslas that have been delivered by MALACCA HIGHWAY from Zeebrugge. The ship is now continuing on to the west coast of Norway to deliver some more. Her next stop is Tananger later tonight.
It's not all over for Drammen yet, I'm expecting a delivery of Berlin-built MY later today on AUTO ACHIEVE.

GLOVIS COURAGE should arrive off Koper tonight however it looks like there could be a delay to her unloading - SEA PATRIS should have started unloading 12 hours ago and yet she is still waiting to dock....

Typhoon Khanum is still going strong but has moved far enough east to release the huge volume of shipping that has been waiting for the storm to get out of the way. The result is that the waters to the SE of Shanghai have never been so congested. Many ships are continuing to hold until the stampede, and the rough seas, subside.
Meanwhile THEMIS has joined MORNING CAROL alongside at Shanghai South. I'm fairly satisfied that THEMIS is of no interest to us.

Over in Norway, the dockside of Drammen is awash with Teslas that have been delivered by MALACCA HIGHWAY from Zeebrugge. The ship is now continuing on to the west coast of Norway to deliver some more. Her next stop is Tananger later tonight.
It's not all over for Drammen yet, I'm expecting a delivery of Berlin-built MY later today on AUTO ACHIEVE.

GLOVIS COURAGE should arrive off Koper tonight however it looks like there could be a delay to her unloading - SEA PATRIS should have started unloading 12 hours ago and yet she is still waiting to dock....

I am doing some data analysis of Glovis Courage and her ETA is converging around 23:31 today.

@Mr Miserable How likely / confirmed is her offloading delay? I saw that there was a Meridian Ace ship arriving this morning, which also carries vehicles and she's now docked and possibly offloading.

From the satellite view and port data from the ship tracker, it looks like Koper's vehicle terminal is on the other side, where there are some free docs near a large parking lot - Google Maps here, so I still have hope that she will start offloading tonight (where NEPTUNE KEFALONIA is currently docked)

If there would be an offloading delay, what is your estimate, when the car is off the ship and possibly on the truck? Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited:
I am doing some data analysis of Glovis Courage and her ETA is converging around 23:31 today.

@Mr Miserable How likely / confirmed is her offloading delay? I saw that there was a Meridian Ace ship arriving this morning, which also carries vehicles and she's now docked and possibly offloading.

From the satellite view and port data from the ship tracker, it looks like Koper's vehicle terminal is on the other side, where there are some free docs near a large parking lot - Google Maps here, so I still have hope that she will start offloading tonight.

If there would be an offloading delay, what is your estimate, when the car is off the ship and possibly on the truck? Thanks a lot for your help!
I suggest you keep an eye on the pilotage plan here. At the moment it looks like she won't dock until 7 Aug. Plans change though...

Reactions: Petr Jelínek
I suggest you keep an eye on the pilotage plan here. At the moment it looks like she won't dock until 7 Aug. Plans change though...
It's really weird, I don't really understand why they moved the docking of the Glovis Courage to 07 Aug since the RO-RO 4 berth is free (according to the pilotage plan). The last ship that was docking there was CELANDINE and she's already gone from the port.

@Mr Miserable Do you know, what might be the reason for that?

It's really weird, I don't really understand why they moved the docking of the Glovis Courage to 07 Aug since the RO-RO 4 berth is free (according to the pilotage plan). The last ship that was docking there was CELANDINE and she's already gone from the port.

@Mr Miserable Do you know, what might be the reason for that?
No

Reactions: Petr Jelínek
I note that TRANQUIL ACE has emerged from Suez and is heading for Barcelona (8 Aug).
@Temboa - Any hints that she may be unloading Teslas?
Hi Mr. Miserable.

I think it will be difficult, having arrived the Grande Mirafiori a few days ago and with the arrival of the Morning Carina on August 16, but with Tesla you never know. I'll ask my source at the port and see if he can figure something out.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I leave you here the last video of Giga Shanghai and the South port that was recorded last Thursday, August 3.

The truth is that few cars are seen in the port and I would say that practically all of them are MY. There is a group of cars outside the usual Tesla parking lot where I count 384 units. On the other hand, there are another 1000 units in the usual parking lot.

Regarding the images of the factory, at the moment the M3 Highlands are still seen covered with tarpaulins in a cordoned off area next to the main parking lot. There are no signs that the M3 Highland was being built yet as of Thursday.
Greetings

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
SUMMARY 06 Aug 23

GLOVIS COURAGE
Arrived off Koper last night. Not expected to dock until tomorrow.

GLOVIS SUNRISE Southampton. ETA 12 Aug

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

MORNING CAROL loaded at Shanghai South yesterday and then repositioned to the main Haitong terminal earlier today. She should be heading to Dubai.

GLOVIS CARAVEL is currently loading at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).