Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over in Drammen, Norway, Tesla have gone to extraordinary effort to move all their cars off the island, where the main docks are located, and consolidated them along the southern river bank. The cars are visible on the Tangen, Tollbukaia and Stromso cameras on the Drammen webcam site. I've been monitoring Drammen for about 4 years and have never seen this happen before. Access to individual cars will be tricky and so I suspect they will be moved to yet another compound elsewhere prior to distribution and delivery.

What an absolute amazing thread. Reading the previous pages was both educational a fun read!

Any ideas where VIKING DIAMOND is heading after Shanghai? I ordered a MY “coming soon” in Sweden on August 2nd. EDD 16-26 September. Haven’t received VIN in app but can see a LRW-VIN in final invoice. Was wondering if it maybe will be picked you by Viking Diamond. Hoegh gives no results. Exciting to be able to track its journey!
I don't know her itinerary at the moment. She is quite a small ship and so I don't think she will head to NW Europe..
The fact you have a VIN is an indication that your car is on its way.

Hey!
I live in sweden and have ordered a white model y rwd with black interior.
My EDD is 12-26 sep and now my invoice is here with a EDD 21 sep.
The car is made in china.
Do you know when the car will be shipped or is it already on the way?

SUMMARY 08 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE
Southampton. ETA 17:30 12 Aug

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

GLOVIS CARAVEL ETA Brisbane 16 Aug

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

HOEGH TRADER Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 22 Aug.

VIKING DIAMOND Currently loading at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).
Ordered 2/8 from Sweden, and located my car on Tokyo Hoegh with my VIN. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Did I just spot a change in Glovis Sunrise eta in Southampton? 12th->13th
No you didn't. ETA is still 17:30 12 Aug.
The map calculates an ETA from closing speed and so you may have seen the date extend as a result of the reduced closing speed as she headed west.
Now she is on a more northerly heading the calculated ETA on the map will be more accurate.

Reactions: nigelpurvis@gm
VIKING DIAMOND departed Shanghai South for Masan, S. Korea. I don't think this was a Tesla movement.
TURANDOT is departing the main Haitong RoRo terminal for Brisbane 21 Aug. She is likely to have Teslas onboard.
HOEGH DETROIT departed Taicang earlier on a scheduled service and will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge on 9 Sep. She is likely to have Teslas onboard too.

VIKING DIAMOND departed Shanghai South for Masan, S. Korea. I don't think this was a Tesla movement.
TURANDOT is departing the main Haitong RoRo terminal for Brisbane 21 Aug. She is likely to have Teslas onboard.
HOEGH DETROIT departed Taicang earlier on a scheduled service and will eventually arrive in Zeebrugge on 9 Sep. She is likely to have Teslas onboard too.
Hey,
I’m really curious are there any way to track MY carriers from Berlin to Ashdod?
I don’t see any in history but I know many were here..

SUMMARY 08 Aug 23

GLOVIS SUNRISE
Southampton. ETA 17:30 12 Aug

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

GLOVIS CARAVEL ETA Brisbane 16 Aug

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

HOEGH TRADER Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 22 Aug.

VIKING DIAMOND Currently loading at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).
@Mr Miserable I appreciate the insightful information you've shared. Could you possibly provide details about the number of ships arriving in Australia apart from GLOVIS CARAVEL, which is expected to reach Brisbane on August 16th? It seems like we might be dealing with a significant backlog compared to other regions.

I’ve just been provided my VIN and registration for a MY I am collecting on 7th September. Does that mean the car is already in the UK?
It'll either be in the UK or on a vessel arriving soon. I expect it'll be on a vessel as the 7th Sept is quite a way away and i'd have expected Tesla to arrange pick up before then if it's already here.

Did you get allocated a 73 plate? Tesla wouldn't allow me to push my date out to September so I've got a 23 plate

It'll either be in the UK or on a vessel arriving soon. I expect it'll be on a vessel as the 7th Sept is quite a way away and i'd have expected Tesla to arrange pick up before then if it's already here.

Did you get allocated a 73 plate? Tesla wouldn't allow me to push my date out to September so I've got a 23 plate
Yes, I’ve been allocated a 73 plate. I was offered a different car at the end of august but decided to wait.