Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it mean for us in eu (sweden) that have gotten VIN but cannot track the car on and carrier and EDD is 21 sep?
Im in the same situation as you. Tesla rep said that the car is in transit right now. Hoping (and guessing) that it is on the Morning Carina arriving in Belgium 28/8 (?), and then transit to Stockholm for pick up. Can't find it on Hoegh website.

The Hoegh Detroit appears on the tracking map. Does it mean that it has already been confirmed that it carries Teslas?
I don't think we have seen anything confirmed yet.
I've added it because I think it will be highly likely to be carrying some MY to Zeebrugge which I am sure will be confirmed in due course.
I can always remove it once it becomes clear that she is not carrying...

I mentioned the other week the problem of scheduling a car carrier to arrive into Southampton Western Docks on a summer weekend - the clash with cruise ships and the potential delay until after the cruise ships have departed. It seems that GLOVIS SUNRISE has fallen victim to this type of delay. She was originally scheduled to arrive on 12 Aug and was even allocated a 17:30 docking time however reality has kicked in and whilst that time is fine to allow Saturday's cruise ships to depart, it doesn't allow enough time to unload before the early Sunday morning arrivals of the next bunch of cruise ships.
I don't expect her to dock until Sunday afternoon once the cruise ships have departed.

Reactions: nigelpurvis@gm
I'm given to understand that Shanghai will start production of the refreshed Model 3 on Monday.
The 'market launch' date remains unknown but in order to reach EU markets this quarter the ships will realistically need to depart by 25 Aug ( 31 Aug for Barcelona & Koper).
If there is an intention to deliver the first cars within Q3 then I expect the next 2 weeks to be very busy shipping-wise.
Alternatively, there may be a plan to slowly ramp-up production and stockpile the cars for Q4 delivery.
We shall see....

Hello,

FYI I got confirmation from a TA that the Morning Carina is having tesla onboard.
Only "weird" thing is that i have a schedule delivery date plan for the 26 of August in north of France.
So either:
- It will arrive in Zeebruge earlier than expected
- It will arrive from the Barcelona stop
- I will get rescheduled

Hi everyone,
I've ordered my tesla MYP tue 4th of august in France. I received my VIN and checked on Hoegh Tracking website that give an arrival date of my car the 28th of August to Zeebruge (it is on Hoegh Tokyo).
Yesterday I received my delivery schedule and I had the opportunity to choose a date between the 23 and the 25 of August. So in 2 weeks.
I choosed 25th to have enough time to sell my current car and finalize the paiement in time.

Maybe this infos could help you.

But a question remains.. How tesla can propose a delivery date starting from 23rd if the cargo is planned to arrive from 28 since 2 days ?

Hi everyone,
I've ordered my tesla MYP tue 4th of august in France. I received my VIN and checked on Hoegh Tracking website that give an arrival date of my car the 28th of August to Zeebruge (it is on Hoegh Tokyo).
Yesterday I received my delivery schedule and I had the opportunity to choose a date between the 23 and the 25 of August. So in 2 weeks.
I choosed 25th to have enough time to sell my current car and finalize the paiement in time.

Maybe this infos could help you.

But a question remains.. How tesla can propose a delivery date starting from 23rd if the cargo is planned to arrive from 28 since 2 days ?
That is interesting.
The ship is on a scheduled service and its stop prior to Zeebrugge is Livorno, Italy on 19 Aug.
I wonder whether cars for S Europe are being unloaded in Livorno?
It would appear to be the case.

Hi,
Does anyone know which ship would be due in Southampton around the 10th Sept?
M3 long range RWD white.
Thanks.
A ship arriving in Southampton around 10 Sep would have to depart Shanghai around 13 Aug ie it has yet to depart.
The next ship to arrive in UK is GLOVIS SUNRISE which will probably dock on Sunday evening. She is a big ship and will probably be carrying around 5000 Teslas.
Supply to the UK is complicated at this time of the year by the new 73 plate.
Although cars have arrived in the UK in August, and are available for delivery, many customers would prefer to delay delivery until after 01 Sep to get the 73 plate.
This creates a delivery stockpile and backlog that can take days to work through. As far as Tesla is concerned, as long as the cars are delivered in Q3 it's not too bothered. It won't however go to the expense of trying to ensure everyone gets delivery on 01 Sep though - it does not have a dealer network.
So I suspect your car will arrive in the UK on Sunday night and if you wanted to take delivery before 31 Aug it could easily be arranged, but your car would be on a 23 plate.

Reactions: nigelpurvis@gm
A ship arriving in Southampton around 10 Sep would have to depart Shanghai around 13 Aug ie it has yet to depart.
The next ship to arrive in UK is GLOVIS SUNRISE which will probably dock on Sunday evening. She is a big ship and will probably be carrying around 5000 Teslas.
Supply to the UK is complicated at this time of the year by the new 73 plate.
Although cars have arrived in the UK in August, and are available for delivery, many customers would prefer to delay delivery until after 01 Sep to get the 73 plate.
This creates a delivery stockpile and backlog that can take days to work through. As far as Tesla is concerned, as long as the cars are delivered in Q3 it's not too bothered. It won't however go to the expense of trying to ensure everyone gets delivery on 01 Sep though - it does not have a dealer network.
So I suspect your car will arrive in the UK on Sunday night and if you wanted to take delivery before 31 Aug it could easily be arranged, but your car would be on a 23 plate.
Thanks for that super detailed answer. Much appreciated.

Newbie here, so apologies if I’m re-asking a question.

During each quarter Tesla make multiple shipments with the last one in the quarter’s arrival in a port/country coinciding with the end of the quarter in order to fully maximise the sale of that quarters production?

I have been told im getting a M3 LR RWD as a company car ( chuffed to bits to be honest) but expected delivery from the fleet company will be early October. Would that tie in with the last ship into the UK for Q3.

TIA