Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Digit 1 – 3: Manufacturer code

• 5YJ = Tesla Inc. Fremont, USA (Since Nov 1. 2021 only for Model S and Model 3 in use)
  • 7G2 = Tesla Inc. USA (only used for Semi Truck)
  • 7SA = Tesla Inc. Fremont, USA (Since Nov 1. 2021 for Model X and Model Y)
  • SFZ = UK (Tesla Roadster from 2008 to 2012. It was built at Lotus)
  • LRW = Tesla Inc. Shanghai, China
  • XP7 = Tesla Inc. Berlin-Brandenburg, Germa

Digit 1 – 3: Manufacturer code (updated)

• 5YJ = Tesla Inc. Fremont-California, USA (Model S, Model X, Model 3 and Model Y)
  • 7G2 = Tesla Inc. Nevada USA (only used for Semi Truck)
  • 7SA = Tesla Inc. Austin-Texas, USA (Since Nov 1. 2021 for Model Y. Future Cybertruck and “Model 2”)
  • SFZ = UK (Tesla Roadster from 2008 to 2012. It was built at Lotus)
  • LRW = Tesla Inc. Shanghai, China (Model 3 and Model Y)
  • XP7 = Tesla Inc. Berlin-Brandenburg, Germany (Model Y)

Last edited:
It seem that those are for the CRYSTAL RAY, covering mainly the northern area of Europe . I guess we need to wait a few days more for ASIAN CAPTAIN since it's scheduled to arrive 5 days later.

Where do you write from?
I am from the Netherlands. I am 99% sure that my car will om the Crystal Ray which is at this moment entering the Red Sea on his way to the Suez Channel. The sport of destination will be Zeebrugge/Belgium.

Here you can see the loading of the Crystal Ray on the 16th of September:

Reactions: JAMESHENRY1
Please do me (and everyone else) a favour and keep the thread to Shipping news rather than delivery news, VIN showers and what colour you ordered.
I try and post a regular summary so folk don't have to scroll pages of niff naff and trivia but at most this will be daily (when it gets busy) or a couple of times a week (as it is now).
I will post another summary later today which I hope will remain easily visible to all for a day or two.

GLOVIS COSMOS ETA Southampton 3 Oct.
Will dock once ANTHEM of the SEAS has departed, probably around 8pm.

DREAM DIVA ETA Vancouver 6 Oct

CRYSTAL RAY ETA Zeebrugge 17 Oct

ASIAN CAPTAIN ETA Izmir 18 Oct, Koper 22 Oct

NEPTUNE BARCELONA has evaded Typhoon Koinu and is now clear in the South China Sea. She is heading initially for a refuel off Singapore. At present we don't know her final destination and for the moment I'm guessing an arrival in Zeebrugge around 30 Oct. Of note, I don't believe she has a full load.

RCC ANTWERP is also now enroute to Singapore for a refuel. She has Typhoon Koinu in her way and so may be delayed a day or two. Again, we don't yet know her final destination in Europe although Barcelona must be an odds-on favourite. My estimates are Barcelona 28 Oct, Koper 27 Oct or Zeebrugge 2 Nov.

There is also a possibility that Teslas are being moved on GRANDE ROMA to Thailand (5 Oct) Ashdod (25 Oct) and Zeebrugge (5 Nov).

You can follow these ships on the tracking map HERE.

NEPTUNE BARCELONA has evaded Typhoon Koinu and is now clear in the South China Sea. She is heading initially for a refuel off Singapore. At present we don't know her final destination and for the moment I'm guessing an arrival in Zeebrugge around 30 Oct. Of note, I don't believe she has a full load.

RCC ANTWERP is also now enroute to Singapore for a refuel. She has Typhoon Koinu in her way and so may be delayed a day or two. Again, we don't yet know her final destination in Europe although Barcelona must be an odds-on favourite. My estimates are Barcelona 28 Oct, Koper 27 Oct or Zeebrugge 2 Nov.

There is also a possibility that Teslas are being moved on GRANDE ROMA to Thailand (5 Oct) Ashdod (25 Oct) and Zeebrugge (5 Nov).

How many cars can they carry (avg) if they are fully loaded? 😊

RCC ANTWERP has decided to wait for Typhoon Koinu to pass before continuing her voyage to Barcelona (via a refuel stop off Singapore).

She is holding about halfway between Shanghai and Taiwan. Once she is ready to depart, in a day or two, she will probably plan to pass to the east of Taiwan.

@Mr Miserable are you aware of any other ships currently carrying UK-bound Model 3's?
I just spoke with Tesla who assured me that my car is not on Glovis Cosmos but a different ship due to arrive in the UK on 9th October..
No VIN yet, EDD 11th -27th Oct.
Thank you!

@Mr Miserable are you aware of any other ships currently carrying UK-bound Model 3's?
I just spoke with Tesla who assured me that my car is not on Glovis Cosmos but a different ship due to arrive in the UK on 9th October..
Thank you!
I´m not Mr. M, but it looks like theres no Model 3 Highland for GB in Q4 :( Perhaps in the early Q1/25, there is a chance ... just my 2

Thank you!
Nothing on my radar. They don't make 'classic' Model 3s anymore - GLOVIS COSMOS is unloading the last of them at Southampton now.
I've just had a look at my list of Shanghai departures and nothing is leaping out at me - I'll take a closer look tomorrow but I very much doubt there is another ship.

Reactions: beforesunset