Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Second this. I turned off the sentry mode, then power off the car for two minutes. Then the DAS ECU became nornal again

View attachment 1002499
Getting frustrated with Tesla.
So I spoke too soon here.
I put the car in the reverse this morning, and the cameras, GPS, AP issues are all back.
I tried a “power off” and it didn’t fix it this time.
Good to hear that, my update still stuck at 100%, not able to perform the installation, i called couple times to Tesla, all the response i got were they are still working on that, someone going to call me, but I've never receive any call from them since my first service request.
Continuing to see the following sporadic behavior. When I put the car in D or R, the cameras, GPS, and Autopilot will work. Then I park it, and leave the MYLR 2021. When I come back, i again put the car in D or R, and this time, the cameras, GPS, and Autopilot don’t work. It’s been like this since 12/21/2023.
Also, the 2023.44.30.5.1 update has failed 3 times.
The first 2 times, it downloaded fine but got stuck at 30% during the “Installing” phase.
Last night, it got stuck at 100% downloading, but this morning, I didn’t see a failure message, but the version was still 2023.44.30.2 from 12/20. So, this morning, I restarted the software update, and used my phone as the hotspot bc my phone had better signal than my house Wi-Fi (due to location of router). No luck, just got stuck again at 30% “Installing” and then failed after almost 2 hours at 30%.
Waiting until my 12/27 service appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: Dayreg
So, this morning, I restarted the software update, and used my phone as the hotspot bc my phone had better signal than my house Wi-Fi (due to location of router)
If I were you, I would be very suspicious of the WiFi fidelity (you describe the location of the router as an issue). Get a WiFi extender of some sort to be sure that the vehicle has a robust WiFi connection. What you describe as 'getting stuck' just strikes me as a WiFi issue. A phone acting as a hotspot is not at all equivalent to a good WiFi connection via a wideband router.

If I were you, I would be very suspicious of the WiFi fidelity (you describe the location of the router as an issue). Get a WiFi extender of some sort to be sure that the vehicle has a robust WiFi connection. What you describe as 'getting stuck' just strikes me as a WiFi issue. A phone acting as a hotspot is not at all equivalent to a good WiFi connection via a wideband router.
It’s not. Mine also has made dozens of attempts on this same update. Gets to 100%, but never gives option to install despite trying multiple networks with excellent signal.

Well, my November 2023 delivered MYLR started exhibiting this problem this morning after being fine for quite a while. 2023.44.30.6. No reverse camera, no park assist, no error codes besides “park assist and automatic braking unavailable”.

Reboot doesn’t fix. Submitting a service ticket ticket this afternoon.

Last edited:
OP here. My car received 2023.44.30.6 a few days ago. Immediately my issues returned, no cameras, etc. After about 15 minutes of driving, all systems returned to normal. Its not perfect now, often when I first start the car, it says "park assist not available" and the cameras dont work. However, they fix themselves in 10 seconds so.

To update my own problems. I had a drive where the rear camera didn't work after updating to 2023.44.30.6, a reboot did not fix the issue. I checked the car once I was at my destination and sentry mode had come on but couldn't show me any cameras anymore. I turned off sentry mode remotely through the app and didn't touch the car for about 40 minutes. When I returned all the features worked as expected and so far the issue hasn't returned.

Hopefully we see an early 2024 update that addresses more of these issue.

To update my own problems. I had a drive where the rear camera didn't work after updating to 2023.44.30.6, a reboot did not fix the issue. I checked the car once I was at my destination and sentry mode had come on but couldn't show me any cameras anymore. I turned off sentry mode remotely through the app and didn't touch the car for about 40 minutes. When I returned all the features worked as expected and so far the issue hasn't returned.

Hopefully we see an early 2024 update that addresses more of these issue.
Picked up my MYLR on 12/27 from my second service center visit. They got the latest software installed after disconnecting both batteries for a hard reset. Drove out with the care working fine but after about 3 hours of driving to various places I had the exact same experience as the above poster. After turning the car off for about 45 minutes and starting up again all was working. Drove it more yesterday without problem so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Not a very comforting feeling though. I'll keep ya'll posted with what happens in the next few days.

Just registered to add my experience in the past month. Picked up the MYLR in late August 23. I've been trying to be patient but starting to quickly get frustrated.

0) (Not totally relevant but adding to my frustration with Tesla) Ordered winter tires package from Tesla and scheduled for early December. Received confirmation notice day before saying all parts were there and they were ready for me. Drove an hour to drop off the car only to be told they actually didn't have the parts, rescheduled and drove nearly 2 hours home in traffic

1) That night drove my car again and noticed that cameras, GPS and all safety features were not working. Messaged Tesla the next morning and was told to wait for next update. A week(ish) later saw 44.1 downloading but got stuck at 100%. Let it sit for 24 hours just in case, after which I tried everything I could find online with the exception of disconnecting the 16V LV battery (I couldn't find instructions for this, if anyone has a link that would be appreciated)

3) Messaged Tesla again and was told nothing they currently can do and they will add it as an item to look at it at my tire appointment on Dec 27.

4) Dropped the car off and within 5 minutes was told that I should go home as they're going to keep the car overnight and was given Uber credits.

5) Yesterday I was watching the car through TeslaFi and the Tesla app. They claimed they tried pushing the update and the car won't accept it, but I haven't seen any activity with them waking the car or moving it.

6) Messaged yesterday afternoon and was told they'll message me again today and if the car is not ready I can come get a loaner car. Finally this morning I saw that the car has been moved and is in service mode.

Hoping they can get it fixed today and I can pick up the car, but not holding too much hope seeing as it looks like many people see issues coming back after a temporary fix.

Picked up my MYLR on 12/27 from my second service center visit. They got the latest software installed after disconnecting both batteries for a hard reset. Drove out with the care working fine but after about 3 hours of driving to various places I had the exact same experience as the above poster. After turning the car off for about 45 minutes and starting up again all was working. Drove it more yesterday without problem so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Not a very comforting feeling though. I'll keep ya'll posted with what happens in the next few days.
Last time I drove the car it took about 3 seconds for the backup camera to come on once I'd put the car in reverse (I only freaked out a little bit, lol), but it came on and stayed on. I didn't have the issue on my return drive. Optimistic it was just a weird vehicle initialization issue that first time, but also eager for the first update of 2024 hoping they resolve whatever this mess is.

Issues returned in just under 24 hours from service center pickup yesterday. Don’t know what to do at this point. 4 loaners in 9 months. Also was locked out for twenty minutes with has not happened before. Car completely unresponsive and Tesla roadside could not communicate with it. While waiting for tow, it finally woke up.

Reactions: AndroidFreak
Issues returned in just under 24 hours from service center pickup yesterday. Don’t know what to do at this point. 4 loaners in 9 months. Also was locked out for twenty minutes with has not happened before. Car completely unresponsive and Tesla roadside could not communicate with it. While waiting for tow, it finally woke up.
OP here. Your issue is more severe than mine. My car has always driven normally while the cameras, gps, etc were non functional.

Took delivery of new 2023 M3 on 12/16 and literally every issue that the previous firmware upgrades have caused to folks in TMC & reddit forums ..... my car is having it. no gps, no cameras, no park assist, 10% phantom battery drain per 24 hrs w/ Sentry & Overheat protection off, firmware download stuck at 50% - 100% loop ( succesful download yesterday, but install failed. its back to 50% - 100% downloading loop again )plus an extra bonus of rattling inside cabin on old roads

Last edited:
I just took my car to SC center this morning, they just performed the same 12v battery hard reset, and the car was back to normal, and the update was successful installed. It was so weird, last month performed the same 12v hard reset at other services center, and wasn't working. Anyway, now everything back to normal with the 44.30.6 installed, fingers crossed, see what happens next. Keep this post going.

I just took my car to SC center this morning, they just performed the same 12v battery hard reset, and the car was back to normal, and the update was successful installed. It was so weird, last month performed the same 12v hard reset at other services center, and wasn't working. Anyway, now everything back to normal with the 44.30.6 installed, fingers crossed, see what happens next. Keep this post going.
Try disabling Sentry mode to see if your GPS & cameras die again.