Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.8.7 brings UWB phone key to HW4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the new software update tonight. I’d been wondering why my Sept 2023 build with HW4 didn’t get the UWB phone key feature and voila, it shows up in this update.

Needs the up to date phone app. It only showed me the upgrade option on the app when I toggled Bluetooth off and back on.

Reactions: Cheetah
Received the new software update tonight. I’d been wondering why my Sept 2023 build with HW4 didn’t get the UWB phone key feature and voila, it shows up in this update.

Needs the up to date phone app. It only showed me the upgrade option on the app when I toggled Bluetooth off and back on.
About effin time. Crazy how us "flagship" Model S owners have to wait for new features.

Reactions: Cheetah and terranx
My December 2023 MSLR has not gone through any updates since I took delivery. I am still on 2023.44.30. My October 2023 MX Plaid is on 2024.8.4 and has UWB.

Not sure why I haven’t go any updates for my MS. My App version is v4.31.0-2552

That’s the right app version.
About effin time. Crazy how us "flagship" Model S owners have to wait for new features.
When I got the first S, it was the only Tesla model around in any significant number, ignoring the Roadster. It was a nice friendly community and everything.

Now though... I live in dread of someone coming and asking me why my car doesn't look like a regular Model 3.

• Funny
Reactions: morbidz
Not sure if it helps but I’m on basic autopilot and the Advanced software update toggle setting as opposed to the standard one . Maybe it gets scheduled differently if you’re on EAP or FSD .

I’ve gotten software updates multiple times this year already .

My understanding is those with FSD beta do not get the latest general releases and are often 4-5 months behind. With 12.3 FSD, the related main version is going to be near 2023.44.30 (I got 2023.44.30.25 about a week ago).

Really need to read the release notes. It clearly says for now UBW is only available on model X and new model 3. Others to follow.
No Tesla release notes mention the specific models.

This article is the first report to my knowledge, and it mentioned only the new model 3 and 2023 X Tesla Update 2024.2.3 Is Improving Phone Keys By Adding Ultra-Wideband Support

I know for a fact that a 2021 and 2022 Xs also got it around that time. And since the S has the same hardware, it was reasonable to expect that to get it to. It's not like Tesla themselves told us anything.