Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to like the ludicrous badge, but it had to go.

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

Still not worth it for many outside of US now that numbers are showing a closer match to the outgoing P. This is becoming harder for many buyers outside of US to accept much kess pay for the upgrade to the new P.

For Elon to not have mandated a few extra kw from LG, ridiculous. Ie. imagine a new iPhone with less talk time less usage hours and a lower grade camera for the same exact model but more expensive for the reduced version? 2 diff batteries and performance at the same price and exact model?

The issue is Tesla knows there is no reasonable competition at the price point so they can get away with this.

Still not worth it for many outside of US now that numbers are showing a closer match to the outgoing P. This is becoming harder for many buyers outside of US to accept much kess pay for the upgrade to the new P.

For Elon to not have mandated a few extra kw from LG, ridiculous. Ie. imagine a new iPhone with less talk time less usage hours and a lower grade camera for the same exact model but more expensive for the reduced version? 2 diff batteries and performance at the same price and exact model?

The issue is Tesla knows there is no reasonable competition at the price point so they can get away with this.
It’s not like the new model got more expensive. It’s the same price. So maybe not worth an upgrade for those owners that already have a newish M3P but for new owners, it’s a great car.

The slight improvement in performance isn't the only improvement vs the outgoing model, though. There's a long list of changes, but I can certainly understand that might not be enough for some people, especially if you have a recent-year P.

For me, I've never had an M3P, and it is an enormous upgrade over my M3RWD. But it's not just the performance that draws me in, but the new front seats (sport AND ventilated), the redesigned look, modified suspension, upgraded stereo (from a RWD specifically) and other things that made me sign on, not to mention the price ended up being a lot less than I expected.

I definitely agree that it sucks to have two different batteries, especially when you're just right across the border!

Hopefully the 'total package' will be enough to entice some current P owners to move up. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if some didn't! :)

I mean the 15 is negligibly better than the 14 or even the 13. Idk if I’d be comparing iPhones lol

Reactions: Gasaraki and ODWms

Buyers worldwide appreciate your clarifying things for them - yep, the world version is junk, and not worth even considering…
/S

Seriously, don’t buy one then, but forget trying to find a better performing EV for the money.

Sour grapes appears to be your M.O. though, so not actually surprising - just tedious, pointless and repetitive…

Reactions: Jay8 and Sellout
Buyers worldwide appreciate your clarifying things for them - yep, the world version is junk, and not worth even considering…
/S

Seriously, don’t buy one then, but forget trying to find a better performing EV for the money.

Sour grapes appears to be your M.O. though, so not actually surprising - just tedious, pointless and repetitive…
Buddy I’ve owned teslas since 2015…The entire S3XY line up so I think I have enough experience with this company and it’s products to voice a valid opinion .

I never said the new LG Perf 3 wasn’t great value for some and especially 1st time new Tesla owners or those coming from old enough model trims to make it worthwhile regardless.

Just stated what many outside of US are likely thinking and that this was a miss on Tesla in creating a sort of two tier product when everyone was waiting for new and amazing specs…not just one country. (Being in Canada, it’s especially a kick in the nuts living 1 hr from the border).

Coming from a US owner/buyer with access to the fastest version, your comments are weighed accordingly.

Reactions: MarkoP and HaroldK
Buddy I’ve owned teslas since 2015…The entire S3XY line up so I think I have enough experience with this company and it’s products to voice a valid opinion
Not sure it’s a very valid opinion though. Certainly not an informed one. Sounded more like a rant.

Yes NCA batteries have a higher state of discharge, but a NMC (LG) battery last twice as long on average.

I know which one will have a higher resale value in the future.

Not sure it’s a very valid opinion though. Certainly not an informed one. Sounded more like a rant.

Yes NCA batteries have a higher state of discharge, but a NMC (LG) battery last twice as long on average.

I know which one will have a higher resale value in the future.
It's also the highland version of the P with the suspension, NVH, and seat improvements/features. It's hard to say it's not worth it over the 2023P based solely on a few tenths of a second on 0-60 between the 2024 versions.

Reactions: Zcd1
It's also the highland version of the P with the suspension, NVH, and seat improvements/features. It's hard to say it's not worth it over the 2023P based solely on a few tenths of a second on 0-60 between the 2024 versions.

Bingo - that's exactly my point.

In addition, have we actually seen any validated Dragy runs or 1/4 mile time slips for the LG version?

Last edited: