Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitive proof for 0-60 mph for the new MIC cars from Bjorn. He had a near full and hot battery(~96% SOC). His best 0-100 kph was 3.23 without subtracting rollout and 3.06 with rollout subtracted. With my 100% stock US Based 2022 Model 3 Performance I did 0-100 kph in 3.40 without subtracting rollout and 3.21 with rollout subtracted. The 2024 MIC car is definitely quicker than the old US car for 0-100 kph. However, with my US based 2024 Model 3 Performance I did 0-100 kph in 3.05 without subtracting rollout and 2.86 with rollout subtracted. The US based 2024 car is clearly MUCH quicker even 0-60 mph than the 2024 MIC car.

The really concerning thing is that Bjorn had a nearly optimized battery and it only showed 406 KW(545 HP) of max discharge value. I saw 461 KW(618 HP) for max discharge in my car. The new cars can actually hit and even sustain the max discharge value in real-time power now. It looks like the MIC car is down about 55 KW on the US car. That will be a massive difference for acceleration above 60 mph. This really doesn't look good for the MIC cars at all.

IMG_7410.png
IMG_7416.png
IMG_7423.png
IMG_7424.png

Definitive proof for 0-60 mph for the new MIC cars from Bjorn. He had a near full and hot battery(~96% SOC). His best 0-100 kph was 3.23 without subtracting rollout and 3.06 with rollout subtracted.
Which is exactly 0.2s faster than my stock MIC '22 at 3.43/3.26s, so it will probably achieve the claimed 2.9x 0-60mph. I guess this proves the benefit of the broader power band with less peak discharge and Tesla increasing the low-speed torque.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sellout
Which is exactly 0.2s faster than my stock MIC '22 at 3.43/3.26s, so it will probably achieve the claimed 2.9x 0-60mph. I guess this proves the benefit of the broader power band with less peak discharge and Tesla increasing the low-speed torque.
Yep, we have seen tons of various video's from pros to random's just picking them up on delivery day.

It's pretty clear the instant hit low down torque is massively improved across the board, in the zone where most people will spend most of the time, it will make the car crazy fast on the street. LG certainly is weaker once into license losing territory than a Pano, but still faster than the car it replaces.

Reactions: arkhos and mpgxsvcd
IMG_7425.jpeg
IMG_7424.png
Yep, we have seen tons of various video's from pros to random's just picking them up on delivery day.

It's pretty clear the instant hit low down torque is massively improved across the board, in the zone where most people will spend most of the time, it will make the car crazy fast on the street. LG certainly is weaker once into license losing territory than a Pano, but still faster than the car it replaces.
This comparison below says a lot about the low speed pull of the new cars. From 0-10 kph the MIC car actually out accelerated my 2024 car's best run by .02 seconds. Even to 30 kph the MIC car is still tied with my car. By 70 kph my US based car is only .04 seconds ahead. Then BLAM, at 80 kph I am .09 seconds ahead. At 90 kph I am .13 seconds ahead and finally at 100 kph I am .18 seconds ahead. After that the gap would widen even more.

Off the line I would probably take the MIC car. However, anything after 40 mph and the US car is going to have a significant advantage. I would take either 2024 car over my 2022 car even when it was gutted. However, my gutted 2022 car would have beaten the 2024 MIC car to 60 mph with its 3.16 run without rollout subtracted and 3.00 with rollout subtracted. It would lose even to the MIC car after that though.

IMG_7425.jpeg
IMG_7424.png
IMG_7426.png

I am not so certain we will ever see a 2024 MIC car do 0-100 kph in the claimed 2.9 seconds even with rollout subtracted. Bjorn had an almost fully optimized battery with a perfect launch and he still missed that spec by .06 seconds.

I know .06 seconds doesn’t sound like a lot but it is when you are talking about 0-100 kph with this kind of power.

My 2024 US based car did 0-60 mph in 2.91 seconds without subtracting rollout which is a lot quicker than the claims that Tesla made.

Reactions: Gasaraki
This is a terrible video from the makers of the S3XY buttons. Everyone knows I am a fan of the S3XY buttons but this video they made completely misrepresents what the cars are capable of. They tested them with ridiculously low SOCs and more importantly a cold battery.

The Bjorn video was much better because he actually knows how to get the most out of the car. It is laughable how slow the cars were in this video.

People probably dragging with it in track mode... That actually slows it down. Leave it in insane and sports suspension. Turn off track mode.
I wonder if it would be better for the suspension to be left in comfort mode. That should result in a little more weight shift to the rear, and with the new rear motor and larger rear tires, I think it might actually help traction, if traction is a factor at all.

RSEV has also done 2.93.

No one has done sub 3.0 for 0-100 kph yet which is what I had originally said. They provided 0-60 mph times which are always quicker. This is the quickest 0-100 kph for the new 2024 MIC cars on Dragy.

IMG_7440.png

The graphs in that video look unusual too. They aren’t consistent like the graphs normally are. They fluctuate a lot. Maybe it is just that they are using the old Dragy that becomes less reliable over time.

Look how their graph fluctuates a whole lot more than the one below it. It almost looks like the Dragy wasn’t grabbing the satellites properly even though it marked it as valid.

IMG_7438.png
IMG_7439.png

I wonder if it would be better for the suspension to be left in comfort mode. That should result in a little more weight shift to the rear, and with the new rear motor and larger rear tires, I think it might actually help traction, if traction is a factor at all.
Traction isn’t a factor. I did my best times with 235/45/18 efficiency all season tires. Those wider rear tires aren’t necessary for straight line acceleration. They are all for show in that respect.

Traction isn’t a factor. I did my best times with 235/45/18 efficiency all season tires. Those wider rear tires aren’t necessary for straight line acceleration. They are all for show in that respect.
True, but ill bet those 18's were a decent whack lighter.

FWIW I did a run with 2 passengers the other day. Around 580lbs of us.

0-60 - 3.21 3.00 (1ft)
SOC 84%
Medium battery temp.
Damp conditions 17deg