Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ys 10% off already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the games they play showing or hiding the inventory page on the website, people have also observed over several years now, that Tesla tends to slowly drop the inventory price on the listings over a span of several days, to see who bites, and then for the ones unsold, will bring them back up sharply to closer to list, and then repeat the cycle over and over. So we may just be in the part of the cycle where it's jumped back up, and just need to wait for them to start slowly dropping again.

And usually at the end of quarter, they will be dropping down to boost EoQ push, but the above pattern can cycle repeated during the rest of the quarter.
You are probably right. Right now they are trying to reduce the MY inventory and as they get sold quickly the incentives disappear. It was kinda crazy when I bought mine in last week of Jan 2024 the brand new MYLR was 38500 down from 50k after the 5k rebate and 7.5K federal credit. I checked at one of the local dealers who was trying to sell a 2022 MYLR with 16000 miles for 42K! I told them good luck with that!

Reactions: Skavatar
In addition to the games they play showing or hiding the inventory page on the website, people have also observed over several years now, that Tesla tends to slowly drop the inventory price on the listings over a span of several days, to see who bites, and then for the ones unsold, will bring them back up sharply to closer to list, and then repeat the cycle over and over. So we may just be in the part of the cycle where it's jumped back up, and just need to wait for them to start slowly dropping again.

And usually at the end of quarter, they will be dropping down to boost EoQ push, but the above pattern can cycle repeated during the rest of the quarter.
I appreciate the insight. Good to have. Thanks

they just added the Price after Tax Credit note for the applicable cars on the inventory search page, so at least there are still differentiation.
Nice - that is helpful. A lot of changes today.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 3.31.59 PM.png

So I have seen zero changes to the inventory prices in my area. I'm now assuming Tesla isn't making any major changes until the end of February.
same here at LA, besides I took a demo drive today and the sales there would be be $2-3k increases in March. Not sure if he is referring to the original price and he won't tell me anyway.

I need to buy by March for my state "replace your ride" program but despite the sales pressure, I still lean toward waiting till the end of March.

So I have seen zero changes to the inventory prices in my area. I'm now assuming Tesla isn't making any major changes until the end of February.
That doesn't mean that they won't discount tomorrow or even before the end of the hour for that matter. Nobody knows.
same here at LA, besides I took a demo drive today and the sales there would be be $2-3k increases in March. Not sure if he is referring to the original price and he won't tell me anyway.

I need to buy by March for my state "replace your ride" program but despite the sales pressure, I still lean toward waiting till the end of March.
So a sales person told you prices were going up next month to motivate you to buy now? Surely no sales person has ever thought to use a tactic like that before. 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Skavatar and ucmndd
That doesn't mean that they won't discount tomorrow or even before the end of the hour for that matter. Nobody knows.

So a sales person told you prices were going up next month to motivate you to buy now? Surely no sales person has ever thought to use a tactic like that before. 🤣 🤣
no I am not saying I would buy it now. My program limits me to be buying by the end of March so my decision is between buying the end of Feb or the end of March, and I would still choose to wait till the end of March.

Technically they are not sales people since Tesla has no dealership and the guys at service center do not get paid for selling a car. You buy it online and there are no middlemen! So the guy may be right! Prices may actually go up since all other manufacturers are crying foul!

I would expect prices to stay as is in February. Also, I would expect prices to drop to early January level in March. ~$1,500 less than today.

Tesla has so many MY. They are in tough spot due to M3 upgraded MY is old.

M3 LR is more expensive than MY LR already due to inventory discounts, not to mention $7,500 tax credit for those who qualify on top of that.

You are probably right. Right now they are trying to reduce the MY inventory and as they get sold quickly the incentives disappear. It was kinda crazy when I bought mine in last week of Jan 2024 the brand new MYLR was 38500 down from 50k after the 5k rebate and 7.5K federal credit. I checked at one of the local dealers who was trying to sell a 2022 MYLR with 16000 miles for 42K! I told them good luck with that!
I had a 2024 MYP on order for Feb/March delivery and kept getting messages to get my Y faster by taking delivery on inventory models instead around the last week of January. I looked and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that MYLR in my area were 10% off. So I switched my order to a MYLR that was $52,990 MSRP and which came with a $5,300 discount instead. Also, I got it with the $7,500 Federal incentive PLUS qualified for my local state of MA's $3,500 incentive as well since the car was under $55,000 MSPR (which my original MYP exceeded and wouldn't have qualified for). That's a massive $16,300 discount when all was said and done! So I paid $36,690 before destination, taxes and fees. Absolutely insane!

Those discounts quickly disappeared the week after. Now that exact same car is getting a 5% discount at best from inventory. Timing sure is everything. I happily gave up my MYP order for a significant discount as that car was full sticker and would not have qualified for my state $3,500 incentive. The MYP would have costed me $8,800 more vs the highly discounted MYLR. That delta was too much for me and I have no regrets switching my order.