Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'21 MS LR 19" Pics Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I LOVE the 21's and have '21s on my new MY P. But for the M S that I ordered for Wifey I'm thinking we bite the bullet and stick with
the 19's for the softer ride and extended range as that would most likely be our road trip car. The added range on 19's over 21's
is significant, especially on long trips.
The only thing I will mention (and not to make you go back and forth again) would be the air suspension in the S makes for a significantly softer ride than anything on a Model Y or 3. I had similar concerns with the 21s, but test drove a buddies and it was like butter. That air suspension helps a ton.

That's what I want to see!
These are the 19s underneath the aerocaps. Apparently they’re dark grey now and not silver but idk if that’s confirmed. This image was from a video from several months ago prior to the change to the darker color.

Attachments

• 12D0AB90-FB98-42C1-8C4A-DF3E32B6A1B7.png
    12D0AB90-FB98-42C1-8C4A-DF3E32B6A1B7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
The actually are not as bad as I originally thought. Certainly not amazing for a car of this price range. I may stick with my plan of putting snow tires on these and use them for ski trips, and get a nicer looking set for the rest of the year.
I thought the same. I already have aftermarket forged 21's on order (for less than the $4500 non forged Arachnids) and planned to use the 19's as winter setup. Was kinda dreading the look but actually after seeing this photo..not bad at all. (But still getting my 21's)

Reactions: deadwynter
I thought the same. I already have aftermarket forged 21's on order (for less than the $4500 non forged Arachnids) and planned to use the 19's as winter setup. Was kinda dreading the look but actually after seeing this photo..not bad at all. (But still getting my 21's)
What'd ya end up ordering? I'm planning the same - 19's for winter in Minnesota, and buying 20's or 21's for summer.

Reactions: VikH and kj71109
Nice look, got link to those. I was looking at their site and wanted to make sure the size 9.5/10.5, as well as the +40 offset, center bore of 64.1 and wheels can handle the weight, etc. for sure before ordering...
I had a hard time finding forged wheels in the style and 21" diameter I wanted with 9.5. Most were 9.0. But same OEM 21" tire size for the refresh will fit fine on a 9.0 rim. And since the MRR wheels are made to order, you can get the offset you want. I went lower offset based on info in the aftermarket wheels thread. 32ET front and 35ET back seems about right for nice and flush but no rubbing.

Reactions: KingsT910
Just placed a deposit for a wheels from @SignatureSales. Going back and forward on deciding the spec and Jamie has been very patient with me and all my wheel and tire questions.

I ended up with 20x9 Square with “staggered offset”. Love the idea where the rear can be super deep concave and flush but still using square tire setup + an option to rotate the tire if needed. I wanted to keep the efficiency and looks at the same time.

Also got a discount from Jamie for a set of 255/40/20 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire. Wheel and tire came out just under $6k. I’ll be able to offset the cost and sell my stock 19 locally to a friend.