Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 hour endurance GP track Hockenheim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• CE487FBC-FE46-4576-93CD-552E473E01A5.jpeg
    CE487FBC-FE46-4576-93CD-552E473E01A5.jpeg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 186
ok, back home (...I was driver in the team) ;)

the Roadster was the same that won the 1st. 24 hours endurance-race (EcoGP) in Oschersleben 2018. It got a new 3.0 battery (latest production) in last year, as the original pack had problems with one sheet and very fast dropping cac (that's why it didn't win 2019 24 hours EcoGP, only finished on 5th. place).
It was allready equipped with a slightly modified JeDeMo then, otherwise you would have no chance at all - rules allow any team to use "only" a 32A 380V 3-phase - socket, so with single-phase charging you can't make it.
We won in 2018 with a good 2.0 and would have done so this time again - just the higher capacity and clever driving- taktic made it almost a crushing victory :p

Besides one, all other teams had truckloads of equipment, monitors, tires, engineers and other very important staff-members - we were 4 elder guys with 4 folding-chairs, a portable pizza-oven and a portable 22 kW ChaDeMo DC-charger - and we had a hell of a fun :cool:

Must be a smack in the face to others, that the oldest car wins this with a lead of 19 full laps - each lap is 2.84 mls !

The yellow one has done its last race, but we're planing be back with another (blue) one in october ;)

Congratulations. I love it! Reading your story of the "original pack had problems with one sheet and very fast dropping cac" certainly rings true. My original pack had a single cell on a sheet go bad, so the CAC went off the cliff and the battery became non-chargeable over a few days. The car has been out of commission since July 2020, but I will be picking it up tomorrow from the SC with its brand new 3.0. Here's hoping for a long life for all the Roadsters still on the road, without regard to CAC or color!! Looking forward to hearing how the race goes for you in October!