Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Cybertruck's fatal flaw that they don't want you to know:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 05.54.56.png

I was all in about the Cybertruck – until I test drove it for 24 hours. You can read my brutally honest review on the forum.
All of those things are some minor annoyance compared to something I believe should be an immediate recall. The upper control arm is too thin. You'd never see that on anything (not even a Miata or Hyundai i30), but somehow it is on the Cybertruck.

I'm raising a red flag here. I believe this will become a recall.

HeavyDsparks had a Cybertruck on tracks. 3 times, the suspension fail. The apologists are quick to say that "of course, no stock truck could do that without beefing up the suspension", which is false, just look at Gladiator Rubicon on tracks... everything is stock. And it doesn't break.

Point is: the upper control arm is too thin. It's dangerously too thin. Which explains why both wheels fell down during the Hollywood hotel crash:
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 05.41.16.png

View attachment 1026470
I was all in about the Cybertruck – until I test drove it for 24 hours. You can read my brutally honest review on the forum.
All of those things are some minor annoyance compared to something I believe should be an immediate recall. The upper control arm is too thin. You'd never see that on anything (not even a Miata or Hyundai i30), but somehow it is on the Cybertruck.

I'm raising a red flag here. I believe this will become a recall.

HeavyDsparks had a Cybertruck on tracks. 3 times, the suspension fail. The apologists are quick to say that "of course, no stock truck could do that without beefing up the suspension", which is false, just look at Gladiator Rubicon on tracks... everything is stock. And it doesn't break.

Point is: the upper control arm is too thin. It's dangerously too thin. Which explains why both wheels fell down during the Hollywood hotel crash:View attachment 1026471

I wonder what any other truck will do when running into that type of structure at high speed.

Are these control arms made from all the same material? Perhaps different alloys require different thicknesses?

I would think control arms would need to have certain minimum standards.

Is this the wompy wheel guy all over again? Lol

Reactions: WyoDude
I wonder, if the control arms are designed to break away in a front end collision? If they were super beefy, the passenger would be wearing a 35" tire in their lap, I don't think I have ever owned a truck with stock control arms, I replaced them on my Toyota 3 times, I broke the OEM ones, then Total Chaos Fabrication and now adjustable SPC's. Looks like Total Chaos and SPC will be opening a Cyber Truck line of products to compliment their Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC line.

1710112376619.png

Last edited:
the OP seem so determined today to trash & troll Tesla specially Cybertruck. He posted another topic of, Honest Cybertruck review without owning one.
I rented one before buying one. And you know what? It was so bad, I had to skip it! I didn't mean to not like it. I came into this thinking it was gonna be amazing. Nope. Absolutely not. By spending $1000, I saved myself $100 000. It's a piece of junk -at every level.

I rented one before buying one. And you know what? It was so bad, I had to skip it! I didn't mean to not like it. I came into this thinking it was gonna be amazing. Nope. Absolutely not. By spending $1000, I saved myself $100 000. It's a piece of junk -at every level.
I’m happy for you.

I’m still keeping my reservation.

You have no credibility here. You created an account on a Tesla forum just to trash the CyberTruck, and the title of this post is click bait and inflammatory.

You have no credibility here. You created an account on a Tesla forum just to trash the CyberTruck, and the title of this post is click bait and inflammatory.
Fair point. You would rather have me spend a few days posting random stuff, commenting on random posts, until I obtained some "credibility"? Or what if I didn't have time for this, and just needed to post the truth out there?

Reactions: Ami-Sven
I wonder, if the control arms are designed to break away in a front end collision? If they were super beefy, the passenger would be wearing a 35" tire in their lap, I don't think I have ever owned a truck with stock control arms, I replaced them on my Toyota 3 times, I broke the OEM ones, then Total Chaos Fabrication and now adjustable SPC's. Looks like Total Chaos and SPC will be opening a Cyber Truck line of products to compliment their Ford, Toyota, Nissan, GMC line.

View attachment 1026523
Lower control arms need to be beefy, upper control arms don't. Just think about how forces from the contact patch translate to the spindle ball joints.
Here's the upper control arm for Ford Raptor. The Cybertruck upper ball joint is even higher so it can be even weaker.
1710170572124.png

Look up how levers work. A Jeep Gladiator doesn't have upper A arms... Any stock upper A arm would break.