Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

255/45R20 Tires on the 20" Inductions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kept them. They are the perfect size.

They are very quiet, ride nicely with the extra sidewall, and I’m excited to see how they do in the snow.
Thanks! My rear tires are in bad shape and we’ve gotten 2” today in MI and it wasn’t fun going for a short drive. Was planning on buying winter tires (which I waited too long) and then buying summer tires in the spring. Maybe these will work for both and they’re cheaper then any of the other tires I have been trying to get.

When the wheels are turned 100% there’s about half an inch gap from the sidewall to the tire which seems OK. Much less than that I would be worried about rubbing.

These are about an inch bigger in diameter than the typical Tesla oem sized tire.

When the wheels are turned 100% there’s about half an inch gap from the sidewall to the tire which seems OK. Much less than that I would be worried about rubbing.

These are about an inch bigger in diameter than the typical Tesla oem sized tire.
Cool. You’re running them on 20” uberturbines not Indcuctions right? So I would guess the inductions should sit a bit lower as their width is 9.5” vs 9” on the Ubers. I’m also running a LR not P.

View attachment 734129
255/45/20 Vredestein Wintrac Pro just installed today on my inductions. I’ve only put 30 miles on them but up to 65 mph I don’t notice a ton of road noise, ride seems slightly softer, tires certainly feel softer but it was about 50* today so a little warm for a winter compound. No rubbing, speedometer seems to be off by less than 2mph if it says I’m doing 65 I’m doing closer to 63 according to Waze gps I’ll break out my Garmin this weekend to verify. Too early for a review but initially I’m happy
You have the speedometer set to the uberturbines 21?

and how accurate is it?
i am thinking of going 265 40 20 on the inductions.. you are 255 45 20?
I wouldn’t even think or worry about it. Yes I’m 255/45r20.

Your 265/40 is even less of a concern.

Attachments

• 589D5525-7F23-44FD-B2DC-F7B76F11AE2F.png
    589D5525-7F23-44FD-B2DC-F7B76F11AE2F.png
    461.3 KB · Views: 305
I wouldn’t even think or worry about it. Yes I’m 255/45r20.

Your 265/40 is even less of a concern.

Yes, its very close. I am considering the 265/40 for more rim protection.
thanks!