Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

275/30R20's on a M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I'm not sure how you can get a 1 centimeter spacer onto that wheel? Again you keep trying to salvage a bad idea. Get a proper wheel with the proper offset. This is more than about who's right. This is also about safety. You are recommending things that are problematic from a safety standpoint. You do not have enough lug nut grab to run a spacer that will get that wheel and tire outboard of the front steering knuckle. Sorry. Or as you would say Good God!
K.

305-wide tires just clear the inner upright on an effective +23-25 offset. So, a 275-wide tire should clear with a few mm to spare on a +35 offset wheel. Some tire models may actually rub and require a small spacer.

Clearing the fender would need some camber.

A 9" wide wheel is an approved size for 275/30/20 tire, and should be perfectly safe. Finding a shop that mounts 30-series tires could be tricky these days regardless of wheel width.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
201E8FBB-D336-4CC4-9728-DECD909094B9.jpeg

I let my wife take her on a quick errand :p . I will forever wonder if 275s would have prevented this….

Last edited:
View attachment 834513
I let my wife take her on a quick errand :p . I will forever wonder if 275s would have prevented this….
@Lindenwood Ahhh...I feel for you. Our M3P is shared and living in a city we street park all the time. Let's just say it has a good side and a bad side for photographs. 😂 I even contributed one of the curb marks.

I decided to make mental peace with curbing before we even picked up the car, because with our often rushed family / child activity schedules, it's bound to happen.

I was also the first one to cut over a curb by mistake! But with 18s no scratches or bending or anything from that...was just at like 2mph pulling out of a parking spot. 🤦‍♂️ Climbed right over the curb without issue, rim never touched it. Later my wife cut a curb making a fast right turn but luckily it had a crosswalk cutout. I don't even want to know what's happened when I'm not in the car. 😇

Reactions: Lindenwood
@Lindenwood Ahhh...I feel for you. Our M3P is shared and living in a city we street park all the time. Let's just say it has a good side and a bad side for photographs. 😂 I even contributed one of the curb marks.

I decided to make mental peace with curbing before we even picked up the car, because with our often rushed family / child activity schedules, it's bound to happen.

I was also the first one to cut over a curb by mistake! But with 18s no scratches or bending or anything from that...was just at like 2mph pulling out of a parking spot. 🤦‍♂️ Climbed right over the curb without issue, rim never touched it. Later my wife cut a curb making a fast right turn but luckily it had a crosswalk cutout. I don't even want to know what's happened when I'm not in the car. 😇
Haha yeah I honestly was not upset at all. A couple minutes with sandpaper and a dab of the same paint that was already on it and it is unnoticeable. It just made me laugh that this whole argument started with my comments about rim protection and here I am with rash :p .

Also, yes I am also on my second lip spoiler from my own goof :p .