Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

28.2 now senses when PWS speaker is disconnected.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated yesterday. Got in the car and the triangle popped up. This is new for this update. the triangle is persistent and will not go away. It states something about the speaker needs to be serviced.

My speaker is disconnected so the alert makes sense.

Updated yesterday. Got in the car and the triangle popped up. This is new for this update. the triangle is persistent and will not go away. It states something about the speaker needs to be serviced.

My speaker is disconnected so the alert makes sense.
Hmm. May have to cobble together a little 4 ohm or 8 ohm resistor to fake the software. I doubt the software will be smart enough to detect that the load isn't inductive, like a speaker is.

Yeah, this is being discussed in another thread specifically about the Pedestrian Warning System. A few people are pissed and/or are reconnecting their speaker :p
Can you link to that thread? My search-foo is failing me.

The PWS in my MX Plaid broke soon after I received it. I haven't seen the warning yet (2022.24.5) but would like to have a plan if/when I do.

Thanks!

Can you link to that thread? My search-foo is failing me.

The PWS in my MX Plaid broke soon after I received it. I haven't seen the warning yet (2022.24.5) but would like to have a plan if/when I do.

Thanks!
I saw similar thread in MY forum

to follow up , for those who are like me and aren't good at soldering or attaching diodes, etc to trick the system to see a load, i went to fleabay and bought an oem tesla pws speaker (45 dollars), removed the cone/dust cover, replaced the plastic outer cover and reattached.

Attachments

• 20221001_113316.jpg
    20221001_113316.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 20221001_113513.jpg
    20221001_113513.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
to follow up , for those who are like me and aren't good at soldering or attaching diodes, etc to trick the system to see a load, i went to fleabay and bought an oem tesla pws speaker (45 dollars), removed the cone/dust cover, replaced the plastic outer cover and reattached.
Do you get to the speaker the same way you do the disconnect? If so, did you remove the whole underside/wheel or did you just peel back from the corner? I just disconnected it a few hours ago unaware of the update.

Also, what year is your car? I am seeing that part as stopping at 2021. I have a 2022 so it may not work.