Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
artsci mentioned that if there was enough interest 10 members he would do the 3rd run of the switches.

I think we are ready @artsci !

1. steinermeister at #984

2. kdday #986

3. kebek21 #987

4. baileywang ?? #988

5. Wratran #989

6. trident #992

7. MaxTorque #993

8. nosup4u #994

9. kt343 #1001

10. UniverseNZ #1003

11. Wratran #1004

12. puhiniho #1012

13. Borntooxlr8 #1028

14. TonyT #1034

15. Me: S-ALSET #1047

16. baileywang – via Artsci Profile post (03,10.2019)

Anybody else interested?
Pops-T
artsci mentioned that if there was enough interest 10 members he would do the 3rd run of the switches.

I think we are ready @artsci !

1. steinermeister at #984

2. kdday #986

3. kebek21 #987

4. baileywang ?? #988

5. Wratran #989

6. trident #992

7. MaxTorque #993

8. nosup4u #994

9. kt343 #1001

10. UniverseNZ #1003

11. Wratran #1004

12. puhiniho #1012

13. Borntooxlr8 #1028

14. TonyT #1034

15. Me: S-ALSET #1047

16. baileywang – via Artsci Profile post (03,10.2019)

Anybody else interested?
17. Pops-T [email protected]

I’m on model s AP2 12.3 software and had the front camera kit installed. Smart summon would not work. It kept giving the error "An issue was encountered reading camera data". I removed the camera (sold it) and the error went away. I’m having the new owner, who is now getting the error, test the front vs rear default view to see if that changes things.

Reactions: Akikiki
I’m on model s AP2 12.3 software and had the front camera kit installed. Smart summon would not work. It kept giving the error "An issue was encountered reading camera data". I removed the camera (sold it) and the error went away. I’m having the new owner, who is now getting the error, test the front vs rear default view to see if that changes things.
New owner verified what akikiki said, you need to leave the camera in rear view default for smart summon to work.

I have been having some issues since the installation of 36.2.1:
  • I generally have my front camera as the default and now it shows for a few seconds whenever I put the car in reverse. I think prior the display may have been black during that transition. If I leave the default to rear this does not happen. NBD and I can get used to this if this is the new normal
  • My other problem is much worse. When going into reverse the entire center panel goes dark and takes about 10 seconds to display once again. This never happened before this release. I rebooted today and did some dry tests and it was much better, only going blank once when turning on the front camera.
Is anyone else having the second issue? If so did you find any fix to it?

It will likely be never. I am not speaking for artsci. He will chime in if I am wrong.

I lobbied artsci for almost 4 years to get him to do another production run because there were so many wishing they had not missed the first run. And when he finally agreed, most of the voices that said they wanted it, disappeared. Took quite a while to get the min count for a run.

I have been having some issues since the installation of 36.2.1:
  • I generally have my front camera as the default and now it shows for a few seconds whenever I put the car in reverse. I think prior the display may have been black during that transition. If I leave the default to rear this does not happen. NBD and I can get used to this if this is the new normal
  • My other problem is much worse. When going into reverse the entire center panel goes dark and takes about 10 seconds to display once again. This never happened before this release. I rebooted today and did some dry tests and it was much better, only going blank once when turning on the front camera.
Is anyone else having the second issue? If so did you find any fix to it?
I've been noticing a delay on camera footage with the HDMI input box..... Not exactly the same, but it was after a software update.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
I have an unused Camera Switcher kit + Panda/Giraffe kit that I never installed. Someone has offered to buy the Camera Switcher from me, but not the Panda/Giraffe kit. Is there someone looking to buy either just the Panda/Giraffe kit, or the entire kaboodle? If so, please send me a private message.