Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

326 mile range - Tesla.com updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 up to 353, dam that's impressive. So the question is, how did they do that?

For the model 3, all around it got newer wheel designs which have less drag.
Panasonic has been supplying a more energy dense battery cell in the current size. Also uses less cobalt (we will see how this affects long term durability in 5-10years i guess).
Improvements in castings have reduced weight.
Center console change allowed for some internal climate parts redesign which are supposed to improve efficiency there while also cutting down on the musty smell people have in some cars.

In the land of the model Y it already had the better castings from day one and the wheels. So less of a gain just due to battery cell improvements.

People keep saying model 3 heatpump but at this point it isnt there. Within a week or 2 we will have more people pulling them open but the one from earlier in the week said it wasnt there.

I don't believe the extra 10 miles for our 2020 MY LR is coming through a software update...this must be the Panasonic battery chemistry change. An extra 10 miles isn't really going to do anything for me personally. I've been comfortably taking 175 mile road trips with no range issues whatsover, in both 90+ and 50 degree temps, with plenty of range to spare. Lifetime Wh/Mi is 254.

I think it could also be the new single casting. The machine was just recently put in place and maybe now it's fully operational and provides a single casting for the rear, reducing weight. Which resulted in 10 miles increase in range.

I’m crossing my fingers that those of us with recent 2020 builds will get the range somehow. If not I’m ok with it. 316 is still pretty great range.

Reactions: YEmmaKazi
Dont know how legitimate this is but it looks like the range increase is software. (Found this on facebook)
F28BD5D4-0137-45B8-A16C-CCA6088A4FCE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: YEmmaKazi