Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

34k for 2013 Tesla Model S Performance (Good Deal)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this possible lowest price of any Tesla so far, 34k asking price for the 2013 Model S Performance. It has 49500 Miles on it. Similar model that are certified used from Tesla is about 15 to 18k more. Can I buy the extended warrantly but I will be the third owner. I check history there's no accident.

Make sure it's actually a performance model. Many dealers don't get that information correct. A P Model will have a badge and will say it's a P Model on the center console.

As far as the extended warranty goes, historically Tesla has not allowed 2nd or 3rd owners to buy the extended warranty. They have recently redone their warranties and I have heard rumors that some folks can now buy them. So you would need to check with Tesla directly before purchase.

BTW the extended warranty is not the same as the original warranty. It requires maintenance be performed by Tesla on time and has a $200 deductible for each visit.

If you can get the extended warranty, I would think this is a no brainer. Of course check the max range and any visible dents and scratches, and it depends on your appetite on how much external damage you can take. But thats a great price for the mileage..

This is from dealership and has some history. I check the vin number and it is the performance model. The mileage is almost 50k, can I take to tesla for service if under 50k miles and 4 years.

You can take any Tesla to Tesla service regardless of miles or years. If it is under 50k miles and 4 years old it will have its original factory warranty (for a very short time). As others mentioned above, don't rely on the VIN to determine it is a performance model, see the car in person. Since a dealer has it now, it is unlikely an extended warranty will be possible unless Tesla changed their terms on purchasing the extended warranty.

Yes, I too suspect scam or other mis-identification--you really need to ensure you're getting a "P" here as I doubt that's the case.

While a Tesla SC won't do it for you, I would take it to a Tesla-Certified Body Shop and ask them to look it over for a $100 for you, just to see what work's been done.

Good luck!