Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

370 miles of range!!!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. There is a very real $20k opportunity cost.

Given all the other updates and upgrades in the new MS/MX, I suspect a non-insignificant number of existing owners would have upgraded anyway, including the Ludicrous upgrade. It happens every time Tesla rolls out something new, and people want (or need) to always have the 'latest and greatest'.

Think of all those folks who instantly upgraded from P85D to the P90D, only to upgrade again shortly after that when the P100D was released. It's like clockwork. I'd bet Tesla even as a list of "people most likely to upgrade."
This is a big part of why I lease my Tesla (the only car I've even done that with). Keeps me under control! I basically can't upgrade even if I want to.

Does anybody know if they have improved the cooling in the batterypack?

If the cells are the same, with the same chemistry as the older ones, and the coling is the same - why would the older ones not be able to get the faster 200Kw charging?

There are several reasons. The wiring to the chart port is likely one. I'd say the new cooling system, but you imply that it's not changed. Where did you read that?

Reactions: CyberShy
I have to say, I’d love to upgrade to a new MS but I would still need to see an interior refresh first.
This is where I'm at.

That said, 370 miles is significant. I always told my wife that if they get to 400, I'm gonna upgrade (currently driving a May 2014 S85 with free lifetime SpC that shows 255 rated miles on a full charge - 3.8% degradation in 5 years). On our road trips I rarely drive more than 400 miles in a day, so I'd be willing to give up free supercharging for the possibility of destination charging most of the time and faster supercharging, gen 2 (or later) seats, FSD, the new air suspension, etc.

So while this is a welcome development, I'm gonna wait for the interior refresh, for the addition of the 2170 cells, and hope they don't go to the single landscape Model 3 screen.

I only have a year of payments left on my 2015 P85D, but the current offer has me seriously considering getting a new P100DL for the AP3, suspension upgrade, and free ludicrous! Aaahh, I don't know what to do!

The difference between the net cost of "upgrading" to a Ludicrous 2019 Performance Model S ("P100D") and our Ludicrous 2015 P85D+ in DOLLAR$ is HUGE. Easy decision. We'll wait for a QUANTUM LEAP Model S upgrade.

Oh and we'd lose our P85D+ "unicorn" Plus Suspension, rear Next Gen (Recaro) seats, lifetime Supercharging. 8-(

With the million mile battery, internal refresh and possible external refresh and $7k tax rebate bill coming, who would be pressed to trade in their car for a little more range? Kudos to Tesla, but still doesn’t beat the eMPG of the Hyundai/Kia compliance SUVs.

I have over a year left of warranty on my 75D and the 240 miles range is fine. But with a refresh of the rest of the Model S, I might reconsider with a higher tax rebate and free Ludicrous.

Reactions: BrokerDon
I’m in the UK and I’ve got a P100DL on order. Should I cancel and reorder now?

I ordered mine when the price dropped as low as it’s been so for the same model now would be an extra £12k~. Currently I’m thinking I should stick with what I’ve got but interested to get someone else’s thoughts.

This is where I'm at.

That said, 370 miles is significant. I always told my wife that if they get to 400, I'm gonna upgrade (currently driving a May 2014 S85 with free lifetime SpC that shows 255 rated miles on a full charge - 3.8% degradation in 5 years). On our road trips I rarely drive more than 400 miles in a day, so I'd be willing to give up free supercharging for the possibility of destination charging most of the time and faster supercharging, gen 2 (or later) seats, FSD, the new air suspension, etc.

So while this is a welcome development, I'm gonna wait for the interior refresh, for the addition of the 2170 cells, and hope they don't go to the single landscape Model 3 screen.
+1. Personally hoping they don't go to single screen if I wait.

I cancelled my first order, reordered a new car and had them transfer the deposit. It was on the exact date they bundled PUP, subzero etc together and I wasn’t told on the day and they got me to order the old car so I did have a specific reason.
Read the return policy for the first time and it certainly seems to be possible to cancel order / return a car within 7 days after the delivery, on no questions asked basis. My S has been in transit from Fremont to a port for over three weeks now and I think it'll likely be June before it'll be delivered to me. Considering already issued tech upgrades and obviously soon coming interior update the order-cancellation is getting very tempting.

Return Policy

The difference between the net cost of "upgrading" to a Ludicrous 2019 Performance Model S ("P100D") and our Ludicrous 2015 P85D+ in DOLLAR$ is HUGE. Easy decision. We'll wait for a QUANTUM LEAP Model S upgrade.

Oh and we'd lose our P85D+ "unicorn" Plus Suspension, rear Next Gen (Recaro) seats, lifetime Supercharging. 8-(
A few weeks ago I traded our S 60 for an inventory P100D for $78k before incentives. There were many around that price. It had about 2,500 miles but I would have had put that many miles on the car in about 7 weeks anyway. Otherwise the same as new early 2019.

Even with the free ludicrous, increased range, v3 support and suspension improvements I would still take the deal we got over the recently improved S.

Reactions: byeLT4
A few weeks ago I traded our S 60 for an inventory P100D for $78k before incentives. There were many around that price. It had about 2,500 miles but I would have had put that many miles on the car in about 7 weeks anyway. Otherwise the same as new early 2019.

Even with the free ludicrous, increased range, v3 support and suspension improvements I would still take the deal we got over the recently improved S.

Wow congrats, that's quite the upgrade.

I’m in the UK and I’ve got a P100DL on order. Should I cancel and reorder now?

I ordered mine when the price dropped as low as it’s been so for the same model now would be an extra £12k~. Currently I’m thinking I should stick with what I’ve got but interested to get someone else’s thoughts.

I'm in the same boat but my options codes on MyTesla are showing that I have been upgraded to the new motor, suspension etc so I think you should be lucky to have paid the lowest possible price but will receive the new upgrades anyway.