Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm more likely to have a few months of rainy weather than any snow where I am in N. CA. My order with EV Tuning was on backorder (early November), so I emailed through the website and cancelled the order to switch to the Tesla brand all-weather mats. They look like a solid option if you don't need to trap melted snow or mud. They confirmed the cancellation almost immediately, just FYI.
Thanks for the info! It so happens that we do need to deal with snow and mud. I decided I'm not going to bother switching to the Tesla mats for the Model 3. The 3D MAXpider mats have worked well in our Model S.

Got mine yesterday.
I didn't want to remove the 3D label, so I tried to dip it black since I had some Black Plasti dip leftover.
Very easy to do with 6 coats, and will let you know how long it lasts.
Here are some pics:

BEFORE:
IMG_2609.JPG

AFTER:
IMG_2617.JPG

Side-by-side comparison:
IMG_2618.JPG

Some prep pics:
IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2615.JPG

View inside car:
IMG_2621.JPG

and will let you know how long it lasts.

It will last until the first person swipes their foot over it. Unfortunately I've tried plasti-dipping (5 coats) and now also spray paint with a coat of clear-gloss over and both haven't lasted long. The plasti-dip lasted only a day and the spray paint about a week before it looked terrible. I'm going to try wrapping mine like the poster above next.

It will last until the first person swipes their foot over it. Unfortunately I've tried plasti-dipping (5 coats) and now also spray paint with a coat of clear-gloss over and both haven't lasted long. The plasti-dip lasted only a day and the spray paint about a week before it looked terrible. I'm going to try wrapping mine like the poster above next.

hmm maybe the Sharpie method is still the best short of removing it