Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 09/20 and emailed the seller on 09/27. They told me mine would go out on 09/28. I just checked the tracking today (10/06) and it still shows “label created, USPS awaiting item”. I just emailed the seller again to see what’s what.

Seller is responsive at least...they said they items shipped on 09/28 and they should arrive this week. We’ll see.

The badges on the 2020 Model Y Kagu are no longer chrome/silver, which is likely the case for all of them. It blends in much more and they are more of a metallic dark graphite look. I don't have them with me at the moment but I can take a picture later. Also, I'm sure this might have already been the case but the trunk/frunk has no badges and they are embossed into the material. I ordered on Amazon, and Teslarati confirmed this is the case with their stock too (as I just ordered the trunk/frunk mats from them).

• Informative
Reactions: TWoodstream
I got my frunk/trunk mats and installed them a few days ago. I like that they provide ideal 100% coverage. They even included little bonus pieces for the cubbies on the left and right of the trunk, which is cool. I know many here are super impressed with them, but IMO they look and feel cheap in person. Which is unfortunate given how expensive they are. Another minor complaint: the undertrunk area near the seats is hard to get to because the mats stick to the carpet so well. I'm glad I decided to wait on the trunk ones before I ordered the front/rear floor mats.

If I had to do it again I'd wait for the Weathertech trunk mats like the Tesla-branded ones I had in my Model S.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Wonder how easy it would be to simply cut the cargo mat along the seam so it becomes 2 mats?

Also curious as to why the rear seat mats don't go under the front seats like the M3 version.

Yea this actually sorta bothered me too. And honestly, the front mats don’t go far enough under the seats either imo. When I move my foot closer to the seat I end up hitting the lip of the back edge with my foot.

Reactions: bbmertz
I got my frunk/trunk mats and installed them a few days ago. I like that they provide ideal 100% coverage. They even included little bonus pieces for the cubbies on the left and right of the trunk, which is cool. I know many here are super impressed with them, but IMO they look and feel cheap in person. Which is unfortunate given how expensive they are. Another minor complaint: the undertrunk area near the seats is hard to get to because the mats stick to the carpet so well. I'm glad I decided to wait on the trunk ones before I ordered the front/rear floor mats.

If I had to do it again I'd wait for the Weathertech trunk mats like the Tesla-branded ones I had in my Model S.

Do those feel good on your feet? I was worried on road trips or whatever it wouldn’t be very “cozy” and would feel like I’m in an UberX or something. I guess people might swap them for the carpeted ones in that situation, but I gotta manage baby spills.

Do those feel good on your feet? I was worried on road trips or whatever it wouldn’t be very “cozy” and would feel like I’m in an UberX or something. I guess people might swap them for the carpeted ones in that situation, but I gotta manage baby spills.
This might be pretty subjective. IMO, while the texture does look quite nice, it does not feel nice to touch. They'll also be cold to the touch, so those two things together would make me say "not cozy."

I'm going to pair these trunk mats with nice traditional carpet floor mats in the passenger compartment. But I don't typically have snow to worry about like you do in Chicago. These might be as close as you can get to an "all-weather" style cozy floormat. While the texture is a little nicer on Weathertech, I wouldn't call those cozy either.

B33B6114-57DA-471F-ABD9-9BD467A25434.jpeg
FDABA0A3-A065-4ECA-8BAD-81A2B819640B.jpeg
FF0AAC02-8CBB-41D9-8A13-C723979BBE4F.jpeg
Just got my logos from Mysta design. Totally worth it. The add such a nice subtle touch. Plus I love that how the white lettering matches the white of the car. All in all, easy to install and one of those subtle additions that some may not appreciate but I will notice every time I get in the car.

B33B6114-57DA-471F-ABD9-9BD467A25434.jpeg
FDABA0A3-A065-4ECA-8BAD-81A2B819640B.jpeg
FF0AAC02-8CBB-41D9-8A13-C723979BBE4F.jpeg

For everyone that has the 3D Maxpider mats, how satisfied are you with the rear seat floor mat? From all the pictures, I’m concerned that it doesn’t extend under the front seats enough for both protection and also comfort if one’s feet are sitting on that forward ridge.

I’m really interested to see what people think about the Taptes version when that’s available, as it looks like it extends further under the front seats.

May I ask why you decided to get rid of your Tasmanian mats. I'm on the fence of Tasmanian or Maxpider.

Thanks

the original reason I got rid of the Tesmanian was I didn’t necessarily like them and I didn’t really have a need for them. The plastic they’re made out of fits the vehicle well, but it’s not a rubberized type plastic, so it feels scratchy. Overall I thought it detered from the aesthetic of my vehicle. Plus where I am I don’t have a need for that sort of protection.

now the maxpider ones were a gift. I do think they fit the aesthetic of the car better while providing protection. Basically if you need something really rugged and able to handle a lot of dirt, snow, mud, whatever I think Tesmanian offers a more complete product at a cheaper cost.

if you want general coverage/protection while being better looking, then go maxpider.

Reactions: Smitty22211
Today was the first time I used the trunk to haul some stuff. After unloading, I noticed that certain areas of the carpet is frayed. I have never had this happen before in any SUV/car I have owned. Between PPFs, middle console wraps, etc, I feel like this car needs a condom for every protection there is. May I know if the Maxspider mats are comfortable enough for daily use and not feel like you are stepping into a truck with rubber mats? Who has the best price currently? Thank you.

Attachments

• 9F772655-3234-4534-B7E8-6357F91418B5.jpeg
    9F772655-3234-4534-B7E8-6357F91418B5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83