Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So starts to be reasonable at and above ~25 kWh, if we consider 30p/kWh to be the going rate.

Above 32 kWh, it's cheaper than a supercharger.

I'm guessing it charges for AC power, rather than DC, so efficiency has to be taken in to account as well.

Did you need subscription with Polar Plus to access the Free to use ones? Or are they just free usage anyway?

Just had a look at OVO Energy who seem to be offering 2 years free subscription to PolarPlus - which in turn seems to be operated by BP Chargemaster - so in theory does this give access to the new 150kw BP chargers that are being dotted around the country ?

Already getting confused as to who operates what outside of the SC network, but the OVO package looks on paper to be quite good vfm.

Polar Plus does give you access to the 150kW chargers, but until they appear on Tesla’s map you are unlikely to arrive with a battery warm enough to exploit the power. The two near me that have been operational for about six months do not appear on the car’s map.

• Informative
Reactions: LongRanger
Polar Plus does give you access to the 150kW chargers, but until they appear on Tesla’s map you are unlikely to arrive with a battery warm enough to exploit the power. The two near me that have been operational for about six months do not appear on the car’s map.

So this may change with 2020.24 onwards ? Do Tesla need to be told what destination charging is out there or do they learn it themselves somehow ? Any way to give BP and the other 150kw providers a kick up the ass - as surely it’s good business for them if they can still sell £3.99 bags of Haribo to EV drivers instead of missing out.