TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

3rd row seat operation...

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by vangogh, Feb 1, 2016.

1. vangogh

vangogh Member

I read somewhere that "cargo mode" (when enabled) would automatically fold down the 3rd row seats
    and then move the second row seats to their most forward position...Can anyone clarify?

My 3rd row seats do not appear to be automated with a motor/controller.
    I need to push a button to fold the head rest, then push it a second time to unlock the seat so I can fold flat...
    Is this true for others? or is it something I need to put on a list to get looked at

Thanks

2. pvogel

pvogel Member

When cargo mode is enabled, it will do the equivalent of clicking the button. In playing with the cars at the event Friday, if you tried to hold the seat back up after the second press you would feel resistance,something is driving the seat back to the down position. So when cargo mode is enabled in the software it will be the equivalent of pressing those shoulder buttons twice and sliding the middle row all the way forward.

3. vangogh

vangogh Member

I don't seem to feel that resistance upon pressing the button a second time and that concerns me that I don't have the right hardware to enable cargo mode in the future...I'll bring it to the service centers attention today during my visit....Thanks

4. elguapo

elguapo Member

What would be awesome is if the third row could go back UP by itself. As explained in the owners manual, it sounds like it will just drop by itself. Like the headrest in my 1991 Mercedes 300E. Helpful, but not great tech.

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

In my X the seat button must be pressed to drop the headrest and to fold the seat. It must also be pressed to release the latch and raise the seat. The dropped headrest is just raised manually (no button press).