Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd row seat operation...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read somewhere that "cargo mode" (when enabled) would automatically fold down the 3rd row seats
and then move the second row seats to their most forward position...Can anyone clarify?

My 3rd row seats do not appear to be automated with a motor/controller.
I need to push a button to fold the head rest, then push it a second time to unlock the seat so I can fold flat...
Is this true for others? or is it something I need to put on a list to get looked at

Thanks

When cargo mode is enabled, it will do the equivalent of clicking the button. In playing with the cars at the event Friday, if you tried to hold the seat back up after the second press you would feel resistance,something is driving the seat back to the down position. So when cargo mode is enabled in the software it will be the equivalent of pressing those shoulder buttons twice and sliding the middle row all the way forward.

When cargo mode is enabled, it will do the equivalent of clicking the button. In playing with the cars at the event Friday, if you tried to hold the seat back up after the second press you would feel resistance,something is driving the seat back to the down position. So when cargo mode is enabled in the software it will be the equivalent of pressing those shoulder buttons twice and sliding the middle row all the way forward.

I don't seem to feel that resistance upon pressing the button a second time and that concerns me that I don't have the right hardware to enable cargo mode in the future...I'll bring it to the service centers attention today during my visit....Thanks

Reactions: mattack4000
What would be awesome is if the third row could go back UP by itself. As explained in the owners manual, it sounds like it will just drop by itself. Like the headrest in my 1991 Mercedes 300E. Helpful, but not great tech.