Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/22 100D Delivery, Thoughts from Model S Veteran

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless the changes is still coming, seems like the Photoshop person got a little overzealous when changing the seat backs to matte and kept going to the monoposts!

I guess it could be they actually feel matte would fit better with the matte front/second row seat sides?

Or maybe switch to cheaper matte plastic covers for the monoposts as costs savings?

We shall see...

Took my MX in on Monday for a 3 week punch list. Summarized list:
  • My screen bezel had a dent upon delivery. They ordered a new one. Install
  • A number of minor seal/trim tweaks. Worst one was that the rubber trim on the passenger front door was too long and hitting the FWD when closing. Seal got deformed and started to rub off paint on door
  • Windshield ghosting - asked them to test it...mine's pretty bad.
  • Had a few strange door warning issues...they were going to check the logs
  • I had minor FWD misalignment on the driver's side. I mentioned it to them but said it wasn't a huge issue. I probably wouldn't have called it out had the passenger side not been perfect. They said they'd look at it. Well, we're day 3 at the body shop and they're going to need it until Friday! I had no idea that a minor FWD adjustment would need to be a week-long body shop trip but keeping a positive hope that they will fix it.
My loaner MS reminded me how much I DON'T miss my MS and I love my new MX. Can't wait to get it back!

@jasmodex Didnt notice any wrinkles or creases. Will report back when I get my X back.

@Seattle Tom I'm going to be interested in what happens. My service rep said "we are currently looking to see what we can do about the windshield." To me this translates in one of the following ways.
  • We tested it and it's bad. We will make it right but don't want to promise anything yet.
  • We didn't actually test it yet because we sent it to the body shop first. We'll "look" at it when it gets back.
  • We already tested and it's within spec but we're going to be completely ambiguous over email until you come in and we tell you it's "normal"
I will report back!

@jasmodex Didnt notice any wrinkles or creases. Will report back when I get my X back.

@Seattle Tom I'm going to be interested in what happens. My service rep said "we are currently looking to see what we can do about the windshield." To me this translates in one of the following ways.
  • We tested it and it's bad. We will make it right but don't want to promise anything yet.
  • We didn't actually test it yet because we sent it to the body shop first. We'll "look" at it when it gets back.
  • We already tested and it's within spec but we're going to be completely ambiguous over email until you come in and we tell you it's "normal"
I will report back!
The problem is - even if they replace the windshield, there's no guarantee the new one is any better (what if it's even worse?).

Mine had a scratch in tint (noticed at delivery and noted on the due bill), so I was promised a replacement on these grounds (of course the glass is "within spec" wrt ghosting, even though it's pretty bad), but the wait time on the glass is unknown (at least for the seats it's known to be 8-12 weeks).
Also wk reported in the past that glass shipments often arrive broken.

I am quite surprised that with all these quality issues you said it's "darn near perfect". My 09/16 built X is better than that. It looks like while they might have fixed some quality issues, a whole new set of quality issues arise. I am still having issue with my FWD detecting obstacles under direct sunlight.

Congrats and good luck with the repairs!

New I am quite surprised that with all these quality issues you said it's "darn near perfect". My 09/16 built X is better than that. It looks like while they might have fixed some quality issues, a whole new set of quality issues arise. I am still having issue with my FWD detecting obstacles under direct sunlight.

Congrats and good luck with the repairs!

Thanks. Couple thoughts:
- it was darn near perfect at delivery. The driver door seal popped up after usage...not at delivery. Can't check for ghosting in the showroom. The door warning issues happened two weeks later.
- virtually all the stuff I'd rate as minor. I began most of my comments to them with "this is minor, but..."

We'll see where we land up.