Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 days lead time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you located? FWIW, i got a call 4 days after reserving on 6/28 saying I could get it in 2 days and then no news about when I can pick up.

I would just look over the car and not worry too much about it being rejected. Same deal as you would if you waited.

It just means you've ordered the right color/trim/wheels combination. Tesla builds these cars in batches, and if you happen to have ordered the exact same one that they've just batch produced and ready for owners, then you get lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
You're very likely getting a June build or a July build that was part of the production ramp and unassigned to a buyer at the time of manufacture. The only thing I would check when taking delivery, other than the usual stuff, would be the battery state of charge. If it is near 100%, or near 0%, it could have been sitting at that state for a month or two which is bad for the longevity of the pack. (That said, it'd be foolish for the delivery center to present you the car below 20% charge or above 80% charge.)

There are thousands of these inventory 'first production' long range Model 3s scattered about the US currently, being absorbed by new buyers as the days and weeks go by.

Congratulations and enjoy your new Model 3!

You live 30 minutes from where Model 3s are made.

They could have hand built your Model 3 from when you ordered so I wouldn’t sweat it. :)

Treat each car on its own merits and not worry about VIN range or manufacture date.

Reactions: RBowen