Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 beep warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving this morning with Navigate on Autopilot engaged on a relatively empty highway, speed was 68MPH, there weren't any cars within 1/4 mile, nor were there any exit nor entrance ramps nearby (translation, smooth driving conditions). The car blasted five sharp warning beeps (similar to the type you get when Autopilot disengages). The screen didn't show a warning, there wasn't a red silhouette, and then car continued with Navigate on Autopilot engaged.
The rest of the trip was smooth.
Does anyone know what the warning might have been for? Does the car periodically issue errant warnings?
Thanks!

iu.jpeg

Maybe it was just so brief that you didn't have time to notice the red silhouette? I've occasionally had very brief "take control immediately" type warnings where the car lost the road markings (maybe they were very faint, or the sun blinded the camera), but the car recovered quickly and everything was normal afterwards. I certainly wouldn't worry about a single event like this. If you start to see it repeatedly it might warrant more investigation.

Maybe it was just so brief that you didn't have time to notice the red silhouette?
thanks, I've gotten these harsh warnings (when the car, mistakenly, issued a blind spot awareness warning) and noticed the red silhouette. Today, there was nothing on the screen, nor was there anything within 1/4 mile of my car. When on Autopilot and Navigation, I try to notice the screen with a brief glance every 5-10 seconds

thanks, I've gotten these harsh warnings (when the car, mistakenly, issued a blind spot awareness warning) and noticed the red silhouette. Today, there was nothing on the screen, nor was there anything within 1/4 mile of my car. When on Autopilot and Navigation, I try to notice the screen with a brief glance every 5-10 seconds
Not sure how many beeps it is, but lately I've been getting the "forward collision warning" where I used to get phantom braking.