Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's true, but all that flexing introduces other issues and limits towing capability and even has caveats that a weight distributing hitch should never ever be used. There is a reason why Ford abandoned this design in the 60's. https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/unibody-pickup-trucks

Name one gas or diesel unibody pickup truck that can tow 11,000 lbs.

230084-frame-chassis-problem-crack-fender-well.html

anyone-else-have-cracks-like-this.444145

anyone-have-creaking-body-flex-noise-in-their-2nd-gen-ridgeline.223606

do-you-have-inner-fender-bulges-cracking.37556

b-pillar-vertical-cracking.21218

I fully agree with all this. I was just commenting as “exoskeleton” (unibody) is nothing new in trucks.

And I’m looking at buying (well half as we are splitting the cost 50/50) my first unibody truck right now. Either a Santa Cruz or maverick for my 16 year old. I’ve driven both now a few times and the more I think about it this type of truck is what the CT should have been. Mid sized, efficient, adequate for what the vast majority of truck owners need,…

Last edited:
They are SS panels over a high strength steel unibody design, here are several pics of the CT assembly line. Munro Associates did a deep dive on these pics and came right out and said these are panels over a unibody assembly - the first pic is of an early mock-up design that was hand built where the guy on the assembly line is actually attaching the SS panels by hand:

View attachment 994400

View attachment 994401
I think the big question is: how much (if any) load do those SS panels take? Are they just cosmetic or aero panels or do they carry any significant amount of weight beyond that carried by the internal frame.
I don't profess to have any clue at this point.
Munro and others will undoubtedly offer opinions and insight over the next year or so, once there are cars in private hands.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
It's an digital display! What the hell with cheap 10 bars? Just fricken give a percentage read out.
Same reason ICE cars never give actual fuel gauge numbers: Because some ambulance chaser lawyer will sue them for not delivering the exact number. And because folks with nothing else to do with their time will debate ad nauseam on fora over insignificant details.

Reactions: Yelobird
lol but yeah lets confuse everyone and say that beast MODE is a trim and not a driving mode. perfect.
Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 12.19.54 PM.png