Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHAT IS THE EFFING RANGE EXTENDER!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Guessing a battery extension pack somewhere - likely in the bed best guess.

My biggest question is - do those of us who put down $100 deposits now have to actually order?

Getting up close to 500 miles with the range extender on the dual-motor variant - but I bet that range extender costs a really pretty penny - whatever it turns out to be:

1701378362806.png

Reactions: outdoors and Evee
Guessing a battery extension pack somewhere - likely in the bed best guess.

My biggest question is - do those of us who put down $100 deposits now have to actually order?

Getting up close to 500 miles with the range extender on the dual-motor variant - but I bet that range extender costs a really pretty penny - whatever it turns out to be:

View attachment 995130
I went and ordered and now I have two reservations.

Reactions: zoomer0056
It'll be released the same time Tesla fixes tesla vision and gets FSD working. In other words, 2 weeks
As long as it isn't the same range extender that was used in the BMW i3, 😱 it shouldn't take too long to release.

It's either a battery pack that fits on the CT's bed or it's a small towable pack with another hitch. I vote for the former. It's really not that big a pack as it adds ~130 mi. of range and is probably around half the size and weight of the CT AWD pack. I'm actually surprised that no one has thought of doing this before, since some electric semis (not Tesla though to my knowledge) have an auxiliary battery in their trailer. Most truck owners don't tow that often, so the idea of an add-on pack for towing makes sense.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Torque reports Range Extender will be just like a toolbox in the back of your truck's bed: