Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is totally a bummer that the whole range extender thing isn't even real, no one has tested it, and the ONLY thing that has been made is the artwork mockup of the thing in the bed. thats it.
I mean this is the same company who showed this in 2016 https://www.tesla.com/videos/autopilot-self-driving-hardware-neighborhood-long

and made the below claims about 4680s years ago

1702135998722.png

It may simply be that Elon calculated the theory potential of the new 4680 battery, and used that to predict the range of the in design CyberTruck. Evidently the 4680 still needs some tweaking and break throughs to attain it's full capabilities.
As Tesla gets better at making and perfecting the 4680, I imagine that the range of their Cybertruck will increase as well.
The physics may be there, but producing the max output and storage is hard.

It may simply be that Elon calculated the theory potential of the new 4680 battery, and used that to predict the range of the in design CyberTruck. Evidently the 4680 still needs some tweaking and break throughs to attain it's full capabilities.
As Tesla gets better at making and perfecting the 4680, I imagine that the range of their Cybertruck will increase as well.
The physics may be there, but producing the max output and storage is hard.

I dont think Elon calculated anything.

If you say so. I think his twitter experiment has revealed just how good his business acumen is (not very) when he’s on his own.

He isn't on his own at Twitter. Are you kidding me?

He isn't on his own anywhere. Twitter (X) is a public traded company. They have to have a board.

You think this chart is a chart of an idiot? It has been proven that it makes tons of people jealous and attracts haters. <-- can anyone relate?

own.png

Last edited:
No it is not. It is owned primarily by Elon, and at the time of purchase, he also took out some extremely large loans ($13B?) with adjustable rates which result in enormous bills (on the order of $1B per year) to service that debt.

Ok So I guess everyone is right.

He is there alone.

He spent 44B of his own money and took out another 13B. He's certainly alone.

Ok So I guess everyone is right.

He is there alone.

He spent 44B of his own money and took out another 13B. He's certainly alone.
He's certainly the one calling the shots instead of letting smarter people handle the majority of operations like at his other copanies.

Yes, I think the man is an absolute moron and would not have been successful if his family didn't profit from apartheid and he didn't get lucky with some initial investments.

• Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865 and Nack
He's certainly the one calling the shots instead of letting smarter people handle the majority of operations like at his other copanies.

Yes, I think the man is an absolute moron and would not have been successful if his family didn't profit from apartheid and he didn't get lucky with some initial investments.
lol. His companies employ over 150 Thousand plus and their families. Do tell how much you have contributed to a growing economy? You don’t have to like/love him but he has accomplished more then most of us on a forum and certainly more then “lucky”.