Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol. His companies employ over 150 Thousand plus and their families. Do tell how much you have contributed to a growing economy? You don’t have to like/love him but he has accomplished more then most of us on a forum and certainly more then “lucky”.
I maintain he's a net negative for society on the whole. Those jobs would have existed in some form or another if he didn't exist, but the world would overall be a better place if he didn't have the influence he does.

And I maintain his success comes down to luck, not inherent intelligence or skill.

I maintain he's a net negative for society on the whole. Those jobs would have existed in some form or another if he didn't exist, but the world would overall be a better place if he didn't have the influence he does.

And I maintain his success comes down to luck, not inherent intelligence or skill.
Sounds like you’ve contributed a ton with your intelligence and skill. Do share!

Sounds like you’ve contributed a ton with your intelligence and skill. Do share!
I’m a physician and even in my short career so far I’ve saved multiple lives and offered comfort to patients and families when I couldn’t. Obviously there are more important contributors to society out there and other docs probably would have made the same calls I did, but I think it’s still more valuable than being an edgelord on twitter.

I've discovered the opposite of you, actually. I've begrudgingly become an Elon fan - didn't start out that way and wasn't really interested in his earlier companies or Tesla in the beginning. I wouldn't agree with everything, but the direction he has taken Tesla, Spacex, Twitter and even Starlink are massive positives for humanity. Recently I've paid more attention to his speaking online in different forums. Generally, I think he's headed the right direction.

I’m a physician and even in my short career so far I’ve saved multiple lives and offered comfort to patients and families when I couldn’t. Obviously there are more important contributors to society out there and other docs probably would have made the same calls I did, but I think it’s still more valuable than being an edgelord on twitter.
I used to think Elon was a pompous ass, but have developed a different view. I think Elon believes the world is screwed and he is trying to contribute/ influence the outcome before he is gone. You have heard the saying "On a a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero". In the grand scheme of things, I think he knows our time here is short, so he is taking gambles that have an impact and will have impacts long after he is gone. You know banning censorship, building rockets to get us beyond our limited horizon, building the Starlink communications network, etc..

On a different note, I think the past several years has also seen an explosion of mental health issues, due to isolation, stress, curated media for polarizing the plebeians (keep them distracted and the won't notice anything) etc.... I think it hits some harder than others, especially people in leadership roles or people that already struggle with mental challenges, hell even medical professionals aren't immune to this.

Ohhhh yeah 500 miles of range. When I got my first Tesla, there weren't any superchargers and it could barely go 240 miles on a charge... if the CT can do 300, I won't have any FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt), that it can travel anywhere, hell the car with 240 drove from the DC swamp to SLC Utah, Toronto and Key West without ever running out of juice and still going strong with its second owner now headed towards 200K miles on the ODO with the original battery and I towed with that Model S all the time.

I enjoy his X communications. I get a laugh every week. I think he would be a tough guy to work for, but its those polarizing characters who change the world, while the rest of us sit in the arena and bitch.

I recommend you read The Man in the Arena

“The poorest way to face life is to face it with a sneer,” he said. “A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticize work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life's realities—all these are marks, not ... of superiority but of weakness.”

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Last edited:
He's certainly the one calling the shots instead of letting smarter people handle the majority of operations like at his other copanies.

Yes, I think the man is an absolute moron and would not have been successful if his family didn't profit from apartheid and he didn't get lucky with some initial investments.

LOL.

Link - to he is making all of the shots. I see plenty youtube videos of many people inside of Twitter saying otherwise.

His family didn't profit from apartheid. They were dead broke when they came here. He was dead broke when he moved to California Silicon Valley. He came to this country with nothing - being constantly abused by his father. Where are you getting your data from?

Link? Video?

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865

There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to convince you of anything that you choose not to believe. The truth and facts are immaterial here.

Last edited:
How does Lazer Etching and a third motor add 40k to the price of the Truck?
It's a collectible. I'm getting min
He's certainly the one calling the shots instead of letting smarter people handle the majority of operations like at his other copanies.

Yes, I think the man is an absolute moron and would not have been successful if his family didn't profit from apartheid and he didn't get lucky with some initial investments.
I lived in Africa for 3 years... man you need to get off MSM.

I lived in Africa for 3 years... man you need to get off MSM.
I'm not sure what you living in Africa in the past and there still being corruption present has to do with anything. Doesn't really change that Elon Musk benefitted from a system that resulted in that same corruption. Maybe you need to try getting your news from outside your echo chamber.

Even the Veterans Hospital in Lebanon gets a 4.2 rating... you would be better off there. Right?
I'm not sure what you're getting out of naming random hospitals in my state.

While we won’t see a 500+ miles rated Cybertruck…. At least Elon today personally took the time to poll and going to reinstate Alex Jones on X. That will definitely calm the fears of advertisers about seeing their ads next to disgusting statements…

But he swore on the life of his first (unborn) child he would never reinstate him.

Should tell you a lot about his character.

I'm not sure what you living in Africa in the past and there still being corruption present has to do with anything. Doesn't really change that Elon Musk benefitted from a system that resulted in that same corruption. Maybe you need to try getting your news from outside your echo chamber.
That’s actually a ridiculous statement if you’ve read the Walter Isaacson biography. But it raises the same question about your news echo chamber as you called it.

That’s actually a ridiculous statement if you’ve read the Walter Isaacson biography. But it raises the same question about your news echo chamber as you called it.
Are denying that he grew up as a white person apartheid Africa? Or are you saying that conferred no privilege? Do you believe Isaacson is a truly unbiased source?

The facts are Elon musk grew up wealthy in a society that gave additional privilege to him based on his skin color. His first company was started with financial assistance from his parents, which with a bit of luck allowed him to acquire other companies and pretend to be their founders.

Hard-working people with amibition, who're willing to make sacrifices succeed from any background. They're the "overachievers", which is what underachievers who don't value hard work enough call achievers who maximize their abilities.

He worked extremely hard and has enough intelligence and skill to be a computer programmer who created high-value software that made him wealthy, and then continued to work hard and use his money to create and fund SpaceX and fund Tesla, both of which he helped steer to success. Wealth generated from those have helped fund other companies.

The world would be much worse without Tesla and SpaceX.

Tesla's success has been of huge benefit to transportation policy, as without it there's no significant chance that support for EVs would be as strong.

SpaceX has already radically improved rocket launching, destroying the idea that it has to be expensive. As a result SpaceX is already providing valuable telecommunications that would previously have been prohibitively expensive, and if it can succeed with Starship and Super Heavy will _radically_ transform space with a cheap heavy lift platform.

His other companies are also trying to do hard things that if successful will be hugely beneficial, with Boring's effort's seriously underappreciated.

His opinions on social issues have only been negative for his image, which really shows that outside of business he isn't influential at all.

Overall, he's an extremely net positive asshole.