Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again,

This is the same exact - to the letter - discussion that came out with the Tesla Model 3 5 years ago.

Same forum - same discussion - same. same. same.

Some 2 million cars ago - same discussion. same statements.

It WILL be the same discussion when the NEXT Tesla vehicle comes out. After about 1 million CT's will be sold and the CT attack will have died down, and the vultures will converge on the next vehicle.

Let's see - there are 42 pages so far. The model 3 had 109 or so pages so we have a long way to go.

Back to the light-bar effecting range. From pics I see it is put at the very top of the truck at the angle point, so if its implemented into the angle without protruding it should not affect air flow. So depends on how much it's protruding in that angle point. I guess more will be revealed and we will be speculating at this point.
The only pic I could find was this.
So yeah, that extra rectangular brick on top of the windshield will do aerodynamics no favors.

1703901440972.png

This is the same exact - to the letter - discussion that came out with the Tesla Model 3 5 years ago.
Same forum - same discussion - same. same. same.

Really?
Then you should be easily able to site it ... go for it ... do tells us where Tesla promised anyone 500+ mile range for Model 3.

Yeah, right.
Pumper'n'dumper flies off the handle ...

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
Looks like you might need two range extenders lol….

I wonder what happened to the aerodynamics

I could Easily show 900+ wh/mile in 20 miles launching my Plaid for 15 minutes. The fact that anyone is buying this crap let alone spreading it boggles the mind. Many seem pretty worried about the CT and the momentum it’s going to pick up. Sad that so many have dedicated their time and effort into such a mindless FUD parade.

The only pic I could find was this.
So yeah, that extra rectangular brick on top of the windshield will do aerodynamics no favors.

View attachment 1004230

Really?
Then you should be easily able to site it ... go for it ... do tells us where Tesla promised anyone 500+ mile range for Model 3.

Yeah, right.
Pumper'n'dumper flies off the handle ...
Oh no.

Same discussion. Same comments. Same complaints. Thats what I said.

Whatever the range Tesla posted was for the P3D all of the comments were the same.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
I could Easily show 900+ wh/mile in 20 miles launching my Plaid for 15 minutes. The fact that anyone is buying this crap let alone spreading it boggles the mind. Many seem pretty worried about the CT and the momentum it’s going to pick up. Sad that so many have dedicated their time and effort into such a mindless FUD parade.

So a CT owner is trying to sabotage CT sales?

Interesting. Even if you feather it, we all know you getting anywhere near 300 miles.

Reactions: TessP100D
My mistake.

Replace “one set of rules” with “one testing method”.
The problem is that there are two major items which matter:

1) Mixed-use daily efficiency where you don't really care about range.

2) Actual highway range at 70-75mph.

For some reason the EPA has chosen to mostly focus on 1. And then (for reasons that I don't understand) they use that result to extrapolate range. This doesn't work though, for obvious reasons.

Anyway they should add a highway range test at 70-75mph. (For both ICE and electric of course.)

There's an argument to be made that they should also capture highway range performance in other non-optimal conditions to incentivize manufacturers to include heat pumps, etc., which is where the scalar value comes in. They could keep that scalar in some form, but I think they need to take a look at whether it is accurately representing the real-world gains in non-optimal scenarios, and adjust accordingly.

Last edited: