Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5000+ Mile Road trip: No charging OK>>AR on Rt40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, I'm a brand new Model 3 owner and I need to make it from Columbus, MS to Oklahoma City....If it was just me, I'd probably charge to 100% in Little Rock and drive 55mph for the 350 miles to OKC...not sure how my wife would feel about that though!

Edit: Looks like there is a destination charger at the Super 8 in Russellville, AR that is about 270 miles from OKC. That should work with a 100% overnight charge as long as we don't have a strong Oklahoma headwind.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm a brand new Model 3 owner and I need to make it from Columbus, MS to Oklahoma City....If it was just me, I'd probably charge to 100% in Little Rock and drive 55mph for the 350 miles to OKC...not sure how my wife would feel about that though!

Edit: Looks like there is a destination charger at the Super 8 in Russellville, AR that is about 270 miles from OKC. That should work with a 100% overnight charge as long as we don't have a strong Oklahoma headwind.

Head a little North to Catoosa Supercharger (East of Tulsa) @ 269 miles from Little Rock, charge up there.
Maybe still get a supplemental charge (30-50 miles) at Russellville.
Bring some smaller $ bills and change for tollroads.

There is also a Very nice Hotel (21C) in Bentonville, AR.
That path might be a bit further out of your way, it has two HPWC chargers, and a J-1772.

I'd be surprised if you were able to make that leg heading west. It's a 900 ft elevation gain and the winds are more likely to come out of the west as well. It also puts you on the west side of OKC, which may not be convenient if you are going to OKC proper.

There is another (slightly longer) trek you might consider from Columbus: head West on I-20 through Jackson to DFW, up to Denton, Ardmore and then OKC.

NO RANGE ANXIETY, plenty of charging Options.
Guaranteed, you will learn a lot on your first over-the-road adventure.

There is another (slightly longer) trek you might consider from Columbus: head West on I-20 through Jackson to DFW, up to Denton, Ardmore and then OKC.

NO RANGE ANXIETY, plenty of charging Options.
Guaranteed, you will learn a lot on your first over-the-road adventure.
We just did this route few weeks ago (starting in Denton). Since Wichita Falls is still missing we didn't want to taker chances through Childress. We could have probably done it (one way, with favorable winds/elevation changes), but we would have to wait for full charge. Instead, we spend anything from 10-25 minuets between Ardmore, OKC and Amarillo while heading west. Not a big deal, short breaks are needed anyway.